Snowed in. What do you think?

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove the Viper to show it to my Dad. Freak snow strom hit.
You must be registered for see images

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. Get a hose and blast the snow off. If possible don't drive when there is still salt on the road to avoid rusting.

I think it will be just fine.

Might help you to know that you are not the first and there are a few owners here who had their car in the snow.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy cow batman!!!

guess your dad has a new Viper, huh?

if I wanted it HOME I would probably trailer it, or just leave it there 'til the snow's gone

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy cow batman!!!

guess your dad has a new Viper, huh?

if I wanted it HOME I would probably trailer it, or just leave it there 'til the snow's gone

How do I get home?

The nearest airport is 2 1/2 hours away, the snow stops in between here and there. Once you get about 80 miles it clears.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Normal New England winter...oh, you forgot your snows, well just do what we do, fill the trunk with sand.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. "Get a hose and blast the snow off. If possible don't drive when there is still salt on the road to avoid rusting."

RMAOLOL, sounds like good advice in freezing weather.Should freeze in til spring. Make sure it's hot water. hahaha.
UMMMMM, don't do it!! :headbang:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait till it clears and drive it home. dont sweat the salt...its just a car. but when ya do get home, give it a thorough cleaning. top to bottom and under it too.

D

DAMN YANKEE

I called AAA they are looking for you car right now...

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. "Get a hose and blast the snow off. If possible don't drive when there is still salt on the road to avoid rusting."

RMAOLOL, sounds like good advice in freezing weather.Should freeze in til spring. Make sure it's hot water. hahaha.

Ah, I didn't take the advice.

The best thing to do is start the car let it heat up and melt the bottom layer of snow and it comes right off.

My car now looks normal now with no snow.

They don't salt the highways just the intersections, and I don't have to many to go through. One stopsign, turn left don't stop until Dallas. 10 hours away.
Yes Texas is a big state.

Just highways shut down until tomorrow.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that the snake is snowless, enjoy the extra time with your Dad. By the way, snakes don't mind the cold weather. They hibernate in the winter.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even get me started on snow. My back says "ouch!" from the 4 feet of snow we got here in Colorado at the house in the last week.

The sides of my driveway are two Vipers high! Ha! Ha! Serious, if I have to shovel my driveway one more damn time......

Rick

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even get me started on snow. My back says "ouch!" from the 4 feet of snow we got here in Colorado at the house in the last week.

The sides of my driveway are two Vipers high! Ha! Ha! Serious, if I have to shovel my driveway one more damn time......

Rick
Sure glad I don't live in Colorado. We only have 33" all season so far. Only season is Mid Oct to Mid April. Buy a snow blower saves on the back.:D

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rick
Sure glad I don't live in Colorado. We only have 33" all season so far. Only season is Mid Oct to Mid April. Buy a snow blower saves on the back.:D

This was a freak storm, and most winters around here wouldn't need a snow blower. In other news, the state is almost completely sold out of snow shovels, but don't worry we'll get more mid-January! :rolleyes:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, of course hot water would make it a lot easier, but I believe a thin sheet of ice is better than having to scrape all that snow on a viper. Then warming the car will clear everything out. All the auto dealers just hose the snow out here.

The driving on salt was a side note.

Good you didn't pay any attention to what I said, Grunt. Hope you get your car home carefully.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The offical reading for the snow fall for the last two days.....

30"

Where does your father live in Texas??

North West corner close to New Mexico, Oklahoma, and about 90 miles form Colorado.

The forecast was for 5". Thats easy to deal with over 2 days, not 30"

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we use water to remove the snow off our cars on our lots. works much better than a scraper and alot safer on your car.

my advice: shovel out the drive, clear the snow off the car, put a few hundred lbs in the truck and go for the ride of your life.....hell its only 80 miles

or a safer play...call a tow truck to tow you past the snow

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No tow trucks, flatbeds, to hire they are busy getting alot of stranded people out.

No ice just snow. All I had to do was start the car for 20 min and a layer of water formed between the car and snow. Just shove, with light hand pressure and the lot came off in 10 seconds.

No scraper, broom, shovel just a cold hand.

But, 3 days of shoveling to get to the outside world.

Now clear the street so that I can get to the cleared highway. Did you hear me?

Nah, the guy is going to be here any minute to clear the street.

As for loading weight to the trunk. My wife has that taken care of she packed enough.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the people here only knew what a Pep Boys is.

We're in ranch land. Some wire and duck tape, maybe.

One of my Dad's friends brought in a front loader and dug us out. We went to the highway were a Sheriff Deputy met us told us about the road conditions. Clearing the last of the roads right now.

The roads will be open tomorrow.

Now I don't feel trapped.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhh, Yeah. I forgot it's only 31 degrees and snow there. Here you have to roll down windows when pulling into a heated garage so chips in windshield dont turn into shatters at -10 degrees. :2tu: