SoCal Mopar Spring Fling April 6th & 7th

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be at the Spring Fling next month. It's the biggest Mopar show on this side of the Mississippi. It'll be at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. Gates open at 8 o'clock.

For more information go to http://www.cpwclub.com

Their hotline number is (818)7591779.

I'll be out there with some of the South Bay Mopar Club folks. I remember seeing SoCal Rebell and a couple of other Snakes. It would be nice to see more Snakes out there.

I hope that you can make it out.

Brad

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, sounds great! Tell Doug Dye, S. Cal. Pres. Lets get a whole group! Maybe display a few Vipers too!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there! I was there last year you have never seen such an amazing collection of Mopar muscle cars. There is a cruise in on Saturday night at Cruizer's Carwash which is fun also.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
I can try to make it up there. Are we bringing our cars or just meeting up there?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ulysses:

I am putting my car into the show. I am sure that Ron will be entering his too. I will be there for Saturday only. Two days is pushing the kitchen pass beyond its limits.

If we get enough people, we should meet before the gates open, and park at the show together.

Brad

CAVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I AM A CLUB MEMBER AND WILL BE THERE WITH MY VIPER, TRUCK AND 70 ROAD RUNNER. IT IS A GREAT SHOW PRE-REG IS UP TO ABOUT 180 CARS WE USUALLY GET 300-400. KEEP IN MIND SATURDAY IS NOT JUDGED IT IS SHOW AND SHINE ONLY. SAT NIGHT CRUISE NIGHT AT CRUISERS CAR WASH ON TAMPA AND NORDHOFF IN NORTHRIDGE. SUNDAY IS THE BIG DAY WITH THE JUDGED SHOW HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU THERE EMAIL ME FOR DETAILS IF NEEDED.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howdy Friends:

This show is a little more than a week away. How many of you will be there? It'll be nice to meet up with all of you. Do we want to meet before the show so that we can park the Snakes together? The gates open at 8 o'clock.

See you out there!

Brad

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I you can find a meeting place close and a time to match as well let us know. Is 7:30 to early to meet? I think if we could park all the Vipers together that would be best (obviously). Give an address if you can for us non-locals.
Thanks

CAVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOR THE SUNDAY SHOW THE LINE TO GET IT STARTS FORMING AROUND 5:00 AM (REALLY) SO IF YOU GET THERE AROUND 7- 7:30 THE LINE WILL BE VERY LONG.

IF WE CAN GET A COUNT OF HOW MANY VIPERS WILL BE THERE I WILL TRY ROPE US OFF A SECTION SO WE CAN ALL BE TOGETHER. IN THE PAST WE HAVEN'T HAD MORE THAN 2-3 VIPERS SO WE ARE GROUPED IN A CLASS FOR ALL 75-02 REAR WHEEL DRIVE CARS. IF WE MAKE A GOOD SHOWING NEXT YEAR WE WILL HAVE A VIPER CLASS. UPDATED TOTALS ARE FOR ABOUT 600 CARS!!

IF YOU WANT TO MEET SOMEWHERE ELSE THE IS A MILLIES RESTURANT ABOUT 1/2 MILE AWAY EXIT 405 AT VICTORY HEAD WEST TO BALBOA RESTURANT IS ON CORNER.

IF GOING STRAIGHT TO SHOW EXIT 405 AT BURBANK HEAD WEST TURN RIGHT AT WOODLEY GET IN LINE.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CA and Byt:

Great idea to meet before the show and to rope off a section for Snakes.

I don't know why the SoCal VCA is not supporting a great event like this, so I hope that everyone gets the word out to everyone in Southern California. I'll never understand politics...

I'm up for Millie's. Can you give us an address, so that those of us who are geographically challenged can plug into Mapquest.

If my engine gets in on time, I'll be there.

Brad

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, count me in as well.

Do you have to pre-register for the event or can you enter just by showing up?

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
Hey guys, count me in as well.

Do you have to pre-register for the event or can you enter just by showing up?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Russ:

Pre registration is already closed. You can show up that morning and pay the entry (which I think is $25). Gates open at 8 o'clock.

See you out there.

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm thinking i might make the drive from the bay area. this show is awesome. i've attended before. it would be a fun drive in my acr. Anyone from the bay area considering going down? I'm thinking of leaving friday around 11am from santa cruz and attending saturday. it would be fun to hook up with you socal guys if i make it.

too bad it's not like last year where they had the spring fling the sameweek end as the long beach grand prix :^(. it would have been a definite weekend outing from santa cruz in that event.

Jason

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dadsvpr:
Anyone from the bay area considering going down?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
Wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole
laugh.gif

I'm considering going but not sure if any OC or San Diego guys are getting together for the drive up. Also, seems so early, what about my beauty sleep?

Is this just a go and gawk or are you entering the show? I'm for the go and gawk not much into the show and tell. Do you have to be part of the show to do the cruise? Just curious, sounds like a fun time to me though.

Anyone? All info is appreciated.

CAVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU CAN GET THERE AROUND 9:30 AFTER THE LINE STARTS GOING DOWN (NO PUN INTENDED). YOU MIGHT NOT GET RIGHT NEXT TO THE VIPERS AT THAT TIME UNLESS WE SAVE ENOUGH SPACES. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR JUDING ON SUNDAY IT IS YOUR CHOICE(STILL HAVE TO PAY THOUGH). YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED THIS IS A GREAT SHOW ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIKE THE OLDER MOPAR MUSCLE CARS. ALSO THE SETTING IS GREAT IS IN A HUGE GRASSY PARK. YES YOU DO PARK ON THE GRASS.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm there on Saturday only. Why the change to Sunday? I'm not into the judging. Just want to hang out and talk cars, and check out some nice rides.

See you out there. Let me know if you want to meet at Millie's before the show.

Brad

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK bear with me ,I'm from BAKO can you give me the date that eveyone is going to be down south. So Cal Rebel I hope you got a Michelin sponsor for all the track time your going to put in! I wish you and John the fastest times and the smoothest laps! Give me an email when you guys are coming to Buttonwilow. Jonathan

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there on Saturday. Next time an event comes up like this, you have to let the local club staff know asap so they can let the entire club know. If there is anything else like this show, or any event, that you guys want the club to get involved with, then let them know NOW. I'm sure an updated club calendar will be out soon. It's up to the club members to sometimes come up with event ideas. It would be bitchin' to roll in with 40-50 cars. It could happen next year if we promote it enough. See you all there.dj

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave:

I have let the SoCal VCA know about this event for 4 years now. They just didn't see it as something that they wanted to do (although I have no idea why?).

This is a great event. Like I said, I do not understand politics. What do these people need to know about these events to justify announcing it to the members?

See you out there on Saturday. Have a great Easter and Passover everyone.

Brad

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, I received an email from the So. Cal. VCA a couple of days ago. I saw your email address on the list, so I didn't forward it to you. Did you change your email address?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what time are we getting together for breakfast? And it seems that we need to be there all together at same time to get parking spots next to one another. At least that is what the website says.

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might want to go too. Sunday is better for me. I could go Saturday but not in the morning. What's this about a cruise? That would be great. Is anyone from O.C. caravaning up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang