Soft Gas Pedal

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the 97 GTS for a few months now, and still can't get used to the soft gas pedal. Sometimes it feels like my foot isn't resting on anything, it makes it a little harder to get a good feel for the car. I tried driving it with just socks on, and it felt better, more "connected".

Am I crazy? Anyone else feel this, and is there a way to remedy it? I guess I'm just used to a firmer feeling pedal, which to me is easier to modulate.

Jon in AZ

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You aren't crazy, there is very little pedal resistance. I am just getting used to my car, but it helps to make sure your legs are as extended as possible by adjusting the pedals. I note the clutch requires only an inch or so of depression, so don't adjust for full clutch compression. Just my approach so far. I will also check with Archer to see if there is a diff spring or something. Jim

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I made a comment once about driving the Viper and having my foot hurt due to holding it back for a long period of time. Now I know why :)

After taking my Stealth out of storage each year, my leg would hurt from depressing a stiff clutch pedal. After 10 years, I got used to it. Now I'll have to do foot exercises to strengthen my ankle before spring ;)

Santo

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVSi make a nice pedal kit which removes the articulation from the throttle pedal and makes it more direct. I like it....check it out....its nicely made