SOFT TOP BOOT - OPTIONS !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When your top is DOWN, 1/3 of the top is exposed to sunfade graying, dust, pollen, road film, and birdies. In a year, the front top WONT match the back. And the exposed hinges simply look unfinished. PartsRack was the 1st to launch a soft-top-boot, and your feedback made that possible.

We are happy to report that we now offer a boot in BLACK, RED, or SILVER, as well as OEM-cloth-canvas. We have done ONE red boot, and the owner was thrilled. Gives the deck a sleeker-longer look.

The vinyl we use matches the texture and graining of the roll-hoops and rear panel, for a "factory look". Lays nice and flat, tested to 130mph when the straightaway ended. Almost certainly will test faster.

Simple 15-minute install the 1st time, and 3 minutes thereafter.

Please take a look at:

http://secureprocessing.net/PartsRack/WebShop/store/detail.tmpl?sku=80016&category=Exterior&cart=1066850968141446

www.partsrack.com

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the exposed hinges look unfinished after a year?

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The exposed hinges look unfinished BECAUSE they are exposed, Dust and Debris collects there.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$369 ? Viper Tax at work. Luc.

Enthusiast Luc, always one to take a smack, but please consider:

Items built in small numbers cost more. [ Viper tax? Sometimes maybe. ]
Dodge is $440 MSRP for an RT/10 soft tonneau.
Others offer a similar boot for MSRP $439. They SET the price based on Dodge's!
If we had vette volume, we could be ~$159, and automate the process in Mexico.
Ours is USA-hand-made, one-by-one, of the top-grade materials the SRT-10 uses.
We produced 7+ units that we scrapped while redesigning-improving-testing.
We gave away 2 free ones to our mule-car testers.
Several dealers are buying in volume, as a "Must Have" for SRT-owners. (THANKS!)
We sell these boots at a very fair, modest profit margin. No apologies.
And we even offer colors or OE fabric, as requested here.
Enthusists pay $369. VCA members enthusiastically pay even less.

Not happy? Money back guarantee.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Member JonB

"..Enthusists pay $369. VCA members enthusiastically pay even less."

May be when the VCA finaly disclose the Financials,I will spend the money and have the privilege to be called "member" instead of "enthusiast" as well than getting a discount on the Viper Tax.

Luc.Past member,current enthusiast, waiting for Financials
00 GTS

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard it said that the SRT looks unfinished with the top down, I don't really think it does. As for the portion of the top and the hinges to fade as some say it would, well just how often do we ride with the top down, in the blistering sun? Not much, and if you do I don't think it's going to show that much. As for vinyl being used for the material, I think it should be made out of the soft fabric the top is made of. I'm sure that the vinyl can't compare to the top material.

What might have been ok I think is some corner caps made of fabric to cover the hinges. Easy to put on, inexpensive, light weight, takes up little space, and does the job.

I'm the type that will spend a lot on a car to improve its appearance, but it has to be right.

Bottom line is, "the car does not look that bad as it is" Who wants to mess around with a top boot thats been rolled up in the trunk.

Skip White

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon..

Will the boot fit on the car with the rollbar you sold me? The one I got from you earlier looks great but will not fit with the roll bar installed.

Let me know.

Clark