Soft top in trunk

JRSViperRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any suggestions how to get this to fit folded up in my trunk? It seems like it’s an inch or two too wide for the trunk even rolled up

thank!

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to slide it in the drivers side first as far in and you can, then it will set in. Make sure there is nothing blocking

GregVP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I stored my top in the trunk always and after a couple of years I went to use it and a few holes were worn into my new top from the vibration. Darn. Like 99RT10GTS said, doable.

OP
OP
J

JRSViperRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to slide it in the drivers side first as far in and you can, then it will set in. Make sure there is nothing blocking
Great thank you. I do not plan to store it there long term I just cannot seem to tetris it in there and did not want to force it

GeorgeJKatsoulis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 and have never stored the soft top. I'm too afraid it might move around when I'm having fun and take out a quarter panel. I do carry a Viper cockpit cover in case I get caught in the rain. It's working for me so far.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I stored my top in the trunk always and after a couple of years I went to use it and a few holes were worn into my new top from the vibration. Darn. Like 99RT10GTS said, doable.

The rear PINS are death to the canvas. if you don't fold it correctly (and better still wrap in a micro fiber towel or something) its real easy for those rear bayonet pins to puncture the canvas.

OP
OP
J

JRSViperRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 and have never stored the soft top. I'm too afraid it might move around when I'm having fun and take out a quarter panel. I do carry a Viper cockpit cover in case I get caught in the rain. It's working for me so far.
Do you like the cockpit cover I’ve been looking at that vs tonneau cover

4bangerviperjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a tight fit, but if you push the cover into the driver side first and all the way in, the right side should just slide in at the passenger side.

If you have the oem bag for the soft top, it should keep vibrations from rubbing holes into the canvas. PLUS the oem bag has the nifty latch covers built in so they don't rip through the canvas.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a tight fit, but if you push the cover into the driver side first and all the way in, the right side should just slide in at the passenger side.

If you have the oem bag for the soft top, it should keep vibrations from rubbing holes into the canvas. PLUS the oem bag has the nifty latch covers built in so they don't rip through the canvas.

To add some deqatils to the post above, "PLUS the oem bag has the nifty latch covers built in so they don't rip through the canvas."

Yeah if its a Gen 2 bag, the Generation 1 bags don't have those latch (Rear Pin) covers!

4bangerviperjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To add some deqatils to the post above, "PLUS the oem bag has the nifty latch covers built in so they don't rip through the canvas."

Yeah if its a Gen 2 bag, the Generation 1 bags don't have those latch (Rear Pin) covers!
ah, my bad. i was unaware that the gen1 bags didn't have those covers. bummer :/ Thanks for learning me something haha!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4banger, I've probably just been around vipers longer than you, probably lots longer, I admired them for many years and bought my 1st in 1996.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala