Soft Top Parts ????

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soft Top Parts ???? (PICS added)

Awhile back (years ago) my pops decieded to take my car out for a spin and didn't know that I didnt latch down the soft top for the winter!:omg: That top being totally destroyed (which was a shame cuz it was one of the few original VYNIL tops) was toast. Low and behold only a few days later another original vynil top in the box went up for sale in the classified and i swiped it right up. The only problem was because of the way it was stored upright for years the drivers side support arm had a small crack at the latch. After a few years of usage that crack became bigger and bigger to the point where the tip actually broke off.

Now I dont know if they are still availible OEM and if they are I probably dont want to know how much. I think my only hope is to find a used drivers side support arm. Thats where you guys come in.........hopefully!:D

Last edited:

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BomboViper93, sorry to hear about your tops.

I am in a similar boat but only need the little metal latch that is riveted to the side post that slides up to secure the side to the top bar. If anyone has a broken with that part please let me know.

Good luck in your search.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw an ebay auction for a broken soft top for parts. Are you looking for the metal latch itself or the entire support? Any pics?

OP
OP
B

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually BTH1 ..............I THINK I MIGHT HAVE THAT FOR YOU !!!!!!!! I will check when i get home and if i do its yours!

I on the other I need the whole support arm due to a crack right where the rivit BTH1 is refering to goes. It cracked right down the middle and about a 2 inch piece broke off.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually BTH1 ..............I THINK I MIGHT HAVE THAT FOR YOU !!!!!!!! I will check when i get home and if i do its yours!

I on the other I need the whole support arm due to a crack right where the rivit BTH1 is refering to goes. It cracked right down the middle and about a 2 inch piece broke off.

On my soft-top, the round end cracked and broke off where the side-arm swivels. I was able to glue it back together using an industrial metal welder epoxy.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete top for the 93 if you need it. I also have a gen II top too. Ad in the the classieds.

Latchs are different. 92-93 are longer.
late 94-96 are the same
97-2002 are the same.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BomboViper93, do you think you could fix it with BJ weld?

This is the part that is broken on mine.
top_clip.jpg

OP
OP
B

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTH1. Nope, Unfortunatly the way it broke (see pics) JB weld is not possilble the cracked piece was warped and doesn't liine up. And, if it ever did break loose would mean certain destruction for the rest of the top! Its gonna be a whole new arm or nothing at all.:mad:
In the pics below you can see the support arm on the left or bottom (depending on which pic) where the plastic around the latch cracked and broke, and the support arm on the right or top is from the top that turned into a frisbee and the other end is broken.

On the positive side....if you look closely in the pictures you will see I have not 1, BUT 2 of the latches you are looking for shoot me a pm with your adress and I will mail one out to you.:2tu:

BOMBO

viper_soft_top_002.jpg

viper_soft_top_001.jpg