Sold my 2003 gen 3 today

mousetom78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for a gen 4 coupe. Guy gave me 32000 cash for my gen 3 21k but needed new tires bald.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Unless that thing was beat up, you gave it away! SO the new buyer puts less than 2k in for new tires and he has 21k mile Gen III with brand new tires for less than 34k. Buyer appears to have gotten a great deal!

OP
OP
M

mousetom78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel little regard for going this low. The car was in mint condition. It had one accident two years ago. It wasnt totaled. Some curb rash and bad tires are only problems.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel little regard for going this low. The car was in mint condition. It had one accident two years ago. It wasnt totaled. Some curb rash and bad tires are only problems.

And there's your reason.

OP
OP
M

mousetom78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
front bumper, fender, inter fender, headlight, etc ... I got paid for two rims and one tires.

I think i sold the car because I wanted a coupe for racing.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt even take the 38k someone offered for my 03 a year ago cause it was too cheap...32k

jeeze....

hopefully you find a clean gen4 for 52k to make things even

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow people can't win on the forums. If they ask what they should sell for, the response is "good price; if you minus 20k from it" "it's not worth that much" etc. If someone sells, it was "you are ruining values, what are you thinking" lol. Of all places this is the one that shouldn't even have these negative conversations.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono:
Wow people can't win on the forums. If they ask what they should sell for, the response is "good price; if you minus 20k from it" "it's not worth that much" etc. If someone sells, it was "you are ruining values, what are you thinking" lol. Of all places this is the one that shouldn't even have these negative conversations.

That is very true. I worked in the car sale buisness for 5 years. And the cheaper people keep selling the vipers the less our retail value will increase. 32k is basically giving it away. Shoulda got closer to 37k or 38k. :nono:

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That is very true. I worked in the car sale buisness for 5 years. And the cheaper people keep selling the vipers the less our retail value will increase. 32k is basically giving it away. Shoulda got closer to 37k or 38k. :nono:

I completely and utterly agree.

I would like to make deal with you on your future Gen IV after you done with it. :)

Hope he gets a 2010 lol :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not exactly.
Have you ever tried to sell a car privately that's been hit? I have.
Had a vette hit once, cosmetic damage only. Had to give it away.
First question after "hello" is "any stories"?
This car has stories, sorry. Lots of cars out there, you have to be very aggressively priced to sell a car that's been hit. That's life.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is crazy. acording to kbb thats a low 40's car last time i checked and the price has been going up.

so because the car was in some kind of fender bennder and was repaired and still has a clean title its suddenly lost 25% of its value...

lol....unreel.

32 k is very close to 10k under value. at a minimum 5 k.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is crazy. acording to kbb thats a low 40's car last time i checked and the price has been going up.

so because the car was in some kind of fender bennder and was repaired and still has a clean title its suddenly lost 25% of its value...

lol....unreel.

32 k is very close to 10k under value. at a minimum 5 k.

Low 40s without a history. If seller sold it for $37k we'd probably no be having these comments. $5k, I suppose I could/would eat $5k. We spend close to that much for tax, tag & title for these cars anyway. Obviously the seller is satified with the sale, we'd ALL be happy if we were the buyer. WIN-WIN situation. One instace where someone gets lucky and gets a car for less that what is typical, it's not going to stop me from selling my car for a reasonable price.

OP
OP
M

mousetom78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I disclosed my accident to the buyer. My asking price was 39,999. It was a single car accident happened back in 2009 when I drove in ice. He ran a car fax on it. It was didn't disclose much information on car fax.

I bought this car in 2008 at a dealer at New Jersey for 40,900 but I paid my local tax/title myself and I always felt the car was in a minor front end accident but it wasn't reported. It was a ebay car.

Part of me now that I felt like I should gotten couple grands more. I am not desparate for cash or anything. Right now I got no car payment, no insurance, cash going to bank on monthly quicker than ever.

I called TomBall dodge and spoke with them about trading in my 03 for a newer viper. They told me on the phone that they are giving 27-29k on 03 trade in. I never took my car to carmax for appraisal.

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called TomBall dodge and spoke with them about trading in my 03 for a newer viper. They told me on the phone that they are giving 27-29k on 03 trade in. I never took my car to carmax for appraisal.

That kind of offer is more laughable than insulting, but it ****** me off and it isn't even my car.:dunno:

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah and trust me they woulda put that on their lot for 52k or more.What happened to the days when a dealer made a few thousand dollars on a trade and not tens of thousands!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte