Some dyno tidbits from the big Supra event in Tx. this weekend......

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a post from the Supra board. These are the first 13 cars on the dyno.....check out # NINE !!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I left a bit early. 33 cars were supposed to dyno (give or take a few).

First thirteen are as follows...

1) Tim Iacoli '94 Black Supra 829.2rwhp
2) Eric Clyton '95 Black Supra 752.0rwhp
3) Rich Baratta '94 White Supra 429.3rwhp
4) Mike Carlin '98 Silver Supra 754.2rwhp
5) Mike Gibbs '94 Red Supra 357.0rwhp
6) Peter "Web of lies" Blach '98 Black Supra 1,131.6rwhp
7) Ryan Hoskin '97 Red Supra 604.8rwhp
8) Stacy Barnett '98 Red Vette 1,013.0rwhp
9) Jason Styles '00 Black Viper 1,200rwhp/1,200rwtq **Pegged at 3300 RPM**
10) David Stirra '94 Red Supra 643.0rwhp
11) Larry Prebis '93 Black & Yellow Supra 1,007.7rwhp
12) Dana Westover '94 Whit Supra 836.3rwhp
13) Ryan Woon '98 Silver Supra 891.3rwhp
14) Saad Saad No pull made due to tuning issues

15 and on we didn't take a picture of before we left. Once the Viper dynoed, it was the loudest street car I've ever heard, ask anyone who was there, I think every person jumped when suddenly that thing roared.

Jason

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9) Jason Styles '00 Black Viper 1,200rwhp/1,200rwtq **Pegged at 3300 RPM**

Now THAT'S some serious power! Wow.

You must be registered for see images

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am leaning towards a dyno jet located on fantasy island.

Some of these supras are making more power than majority of the race cars I know with supra motors.

And the viper making 1200hp at 3300rpm means it will make 1500 or so at peak? Or approximatly 1700hp at crank.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some of these supras are making more power than majority of the race cars I know with supra motors.

And the viper making 1200hp at 3300rpm means it will make 1500 or so at peak? Or approximatly 1700hp at crank.

RSI's 1200 torque was at 3700 rpm, the 1200hp was at 5700rpm. Of course both went higher after those rpms but the dyno stops at 1200. Don't discount those numbers on the Supras either, those are the cream of the crop.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some monster Supras!

Since you can't drag-race with two people in the trunk, how do those Supra's trap in the 1/4? One has a parachute... I assume it needs it?

JD

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well if Russ has not seen it, it must be impossible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You realize the cars were trailered in from all over the country. Anyway...

I wonder what the Viper would have put down without spray? That goes the same for the Supra's that put down over 1,000rwhp. It would be nice to see what the cars could do with only one power adder. Either way the numbers are insane.

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am now thinking about adding a Supra to my collection. Do you guys think if I bought one, I could take it to the ricer shows and just park, hang out by it, and collect the phone numbers of some of those hott ricer model chicks? then it would be worth it :) -

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And the viper making 1200hp at 3300rpm means it will make 1500 or so at peak? Or approximately 1700hp at crank.

Well if Russ has not seen it, it must be impossible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You realize the cars were trailered in from all over the country. Anyway...

I wonder what the Viper would have put down without spray? That goes the same for the Supra's that put down over 1,000rwhp. It would be nice to see what the cars could do with only one power adder. Either way the numbers are insane.

I have seen it, and done it. My Supra racing carreer began before any of those guys knew what they even were.

That dyno they are on is one of the most talented dyno's in the country. Several years ago at the 2nd annual Supra meet in texas we brought a car to dyno there. Unknowing to all others we were at R&D Dyno 2 days before tuning the car. It made 440hp, was nothing special small turbo and all.

We put it on the trailer, along with the race car and took it to texas (Same dyno facility MSI I believe). Pulled it off and the car made 538hp, with absolutely nothing done to it between.

You be the judge....

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am now thinking about adding a Supra to my collection. Do you guys think if I bought one, I could take it to the ricer shows and just park, hang out by it, and collect the phone numbers of some of those hott ricer model chicks? then it would be worth it :) -

I have one for sale, it makes an honest 1000hp at the crank and will run low 9's and high 8's all day long. And looks like a ricers dream car.

Its NHRA certed and has all the equipment included. And it is also legal for silver state unlimited class if drag racing is not your thing.

55k takes it all.

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have one for sale, it makes an honest 1000hp at the crank and will run low 9's and high 8's all day long. And looks like a ricers dream car.

Its NHRA certed and has all the equipment included. And it is also legal for silver state unlimited class if drag racing is not your thing.

55k takes it all.

-Send me some photos. I like road course type cars, ones that handle, not so much drag racing stuff, so might not be what I am into. you are close, i am in san diego, so maybe i will check it out if i like it :) [email protected]

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard he just took that viper down the 1/4 mile and "only" ran 151. With ******* the dyno at 1,200RWHP& TQ should it trap around 160 or so? Perhaps they turned the "shot" down?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You still have to get all that power down to run 160.
With stupid on this one, 1200lbs of tq might be a bit much for those slicks :p

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still, the point is it should have ran faster than Roofs car with that much power. At some point it would have hooked up and that much power should have made that car go like a bat at of hell, no?

So damn it, it's the end of the day. What were the rest of the results of all the cars there? I wanted to be there soooooooooo bad, but I JUST got back to San Diego.

-Manny

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Gerald.....I can't argue with your "extensive" drag strip experience :laugh:

Maybe they did turn the shot down, but I don't doubt the dyno numbers. Little slicks isn't much for 1200 anything :)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So any other results from the drag event? What did Roof run, others?

Mike

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Gerald.....I can't argue with your "extensive" drag strip experience :laugh:

Maybe they did turn the shot down, but I don't doubt the dyno numbers. Little slicks isn't much for 1200 anything :)
this is what that bad boy needs :eek: :eek:

BigGar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

55k takes it all.
Russ, you wanna come play with some Hayabusas?
We'll make ya' famous :D
I bet you'd get the car sold too.

Gar

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

55k takes it all.
Russ, you wanna come play with some Hayabusas?
We'll make ya' famous :D
I bet you'd get the car sold too.

Gar

Gar,

When I am at the track, anything that lines up next to be gets a race. I have not street raced in several years and dont plan on doing it again. Laws in CA have gotten stupid because some pencil pushers decided that racing cars is a deadly crime.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saad Saad's dyno was without Spray, he did 105X in TX that way if I remember correctly. He also dynoed the car when he got back to AZ and got 118X RWHP on boost (42 PSI) and 124X RWHP on spray (lower boost and NOS).

The Viper that pegged the dyno was IMPRESSIVE. They "extrapolated" the numbers and they came out to 122X RWHP and similar torque, here's a pic of the dyno sheet:

http://users3.ev1.net/~black_ops/TX2K4/DSC00230.JPG

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They ran the car in the 1/4 off the spray.

I heard he just took that viper down the 1/4 mile and "only" ran 151. With ******* the dyno at 1,200RWHP& TQ should it trap around 160 or so? Perhaps they turned the "shot" down?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They ran the car in the 1/4 off the spray.

I think Jason said he sprayed the car, but he wasn't driving it to it's full potential.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960