Some help on a fair price for a 2000 GTS w/HRE's

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been debating selling my car to get out of some credit card debt. Just wondering what you guys think it could sell for. I bought it 3 years ago this month from Jason Hefner.

2000 GTS Red with Silver Stripes. 19" all around HRE's 547 345's in back and 285 up front
18,000 miles
and a few minor things like nice viper mats, short throw shifter, belenger exhaust, tinted windows, eibach springs. The car is perfect except for a small scuff mark on the bumper that i could probaly get out if I took the time to do it correctly.

I was thinking about $45,000 (assuming the wheels are pretty expensive) I dont have the original wheels.

Any input would be helpful.

thanks
Martin

surfsnake97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might be interested in trading my stock wheels and some cash for your Hre's. I have 2000 18" wheels and tires in great shape.

V

Venomiss

Take some pictures and spend $30 to put it in the classifieds. They are much nicer than they used to be. I think you could get that.
Sorry to hear you have to part with it.:(

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been debating selling my car to get out of some credit card debt. Just wondering what you guys think it could sell for. I bought it 3 years ago this month from Jason Hefner.

2000 GTS Red with Silver Stripes. 19" all around HRE's 547 345's in back and 285 up front
18,000 miles
and a few minor things like nice viper mats, short throw shifter, belenger exhaust, tinted windows, eibach springs. The car is perfect except for a small scuff mark on the bumper that i could probaly get out if I took the time to do it correctly.

I was thinking about $45,000 (assuming the wheels are pretty expensive) I dont have the original wheels.

Any input would be helpful.

thanks
Martin

My car is very similar to yours, but a 1999 (forged internals), otherwise about the same mods, same mileage. I paid $43,800 for mine in June. The 96-99's usually bring more for the motor from what I have seen.

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, $25,000 in credit card debt uhhhhh. I only owe like 15 on the viper. If I sold it I would have just about no debt to my name. No car payment and no insurance. BUt its so hard to get rid off. Even though I barley use it I still just like looking at it or the times I take it out how much I love driving it. The Hre's are pretty nice they are 13 wide in the back and I think 11 in the front either way the 345 and the 285 PS are stretched over them nicely. Heffner had them on there so im sure he put the right withs on it. The rears are a bit worn the fronts are like new. The wheels do need a little polishing they do not have a clear coat. There is a light curb rash on one wheelin the front I believe. They are 3 piece Hre 547's what would be a fair deal to trade them for stock 18's and sum money. I think brand new bought about 4 years ago Jason told me with the tires they were almost $9000. I duno how true that is but thats what he says. Im in the boston area and would travel a bit to make a trade. Iwouldnt mind some money to put towards some credit card bills.
Any more input on the price of my car would be great to. I appreciate the help. O yeah Jerry Collpitts if you see this dont get mad!! Im just debating a little here!

Thanks
Martin

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O yeah I forgot to add it has 3.73 gears I had Tators install 3 years ago he also changed every fluid possible. I think with the 19" rims it make it an effective 3.55 ratio.
Martin

z76232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$45K is a steal for any low mileage GTS. Ask $50k and go down from there if you need to.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on my 00GTS (black with stripes) the residual at the end of my 3 years lease was $45K
so basically, if my car is worth the same today,4.5 years later,it will have been no depreciation at all??????
The car is completly stock save for I ACR/BBS wheels and K&N with smooth tubes on it ( have the stock one with tires too) and about 13K miles.
The car is perfect, not a scratch and the interior is like new ( not even fuzzy carpet on the door) and if I decided to sell it, I will ask at least $50K BUT, I have no intention of selling it and very nice ,low mileage GTS are getting hard to find.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing like NOT having debt. I'll spell it out for you from my practical side. Your spending a bunch of money in debt service for your credit card (literally burning money) plus insurance costs. Sell the car, regardless of what everyone says, they are falling in value currently. Pay your debt off, and start saving up to buy the car with cash in a few years. It's easy to save when your not strapped for cash. The price for a GTS will probably continue to fall and you'll be ahead because you'll be able to find an even cleaner car for about what you'll sell yours for today.

Now that dad's finished talking, I know how difficult it is to sell but it's probably the smartest thing to do. Good Luck