Some preliminary pics of damage. Doesn't look good.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Some preliminary pics of damage. Doesn\'t look good.

ab,
Sorry to hear about your loss! It hurts me to see those pictures. :(

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, I do not know you but could only imagine how upset you must be. I am very sorry about your loss, I am sure you will be back on the road again soon. Good Luck...

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have available a front frame section if you decide to go that route. I also have the front fender wells and other misc. front end parts.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very Very sorry for the loss. I feel your pain. As I write this I'm sick to my stomach as well just seeing the pics. My Red 98 R/T's damage was almost as bad when I had my accident and that was totalled. Glad your okay. It takes so many years and money to get your car set up the the way you want and then its gone in a split second. It's just not right. I hope the A-hole that cut you off has a karmic payback similar to what you went through. The quickest way of getting over this matter is to get another Viper and start the love affair all over again. I did, with my Silver 99.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, we're all here for ya brother!

If you believe in the man upstairs or fate, it will all work out, it just may take a while.

We KNOW you'll be back in a Viper, hopefully sooner than later!

All the best brother!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AB
Sorry to see the loss of the car. One thing that really struck me was that the gusset plates on the bottom of the frame really prevented the frame from totally bending up into the cockpit of the car. Although others may disagree on the strength of the frame at times, I would say that the design did its job for your accident. If you were driving a C4 Corvette or a Camaro/Firebird, the result could have been more catastrophic. Seems like a lot of load went into the frame. It is just another reason to buy a Viper in the future. The design helped you out when you needed it most. Although nobody plans on crashing, in your case, the fine engineering paid off. Nobody was hurt. Good luck on replacing the vehicle.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Man, i just got sick to my stomach looking at those. Looks too much like mine, almost cried!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone please tell me im not seeing this :eek: !
Dang... just a few minutes ago I was watching that short movieclip where you are starting your Viper up Adam :( ... god bless and I really hope it all works out for you...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nobody has asked this so I will out of curiosity. Did you piss off the car that cut and braked in front of you? Why would somebody do that without provocation?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nobody has asked this so I will out of curiosity. Did you piss off the car that cut and braked in front of you? Why would somebody do that without provocation?
Your joking right? Do you live in a bubble? I have had more assholes cut me off in minivans and shitbox trucks just because. It's a Viper people enjoy tailing you and trying to get in front of you. It is like some badge of honor they can wear afterwards..... :rolleyes:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why would somebody do that without provocation?

PROVOCATION.........?

There are plenty of sh*tty, rude, inconsiderate, no driving bast&rds out there that do some REAL stupid sh*t without provocation.

How about the female (sorry gals) driving the Suburban, talking on the cell phone and doesn't have a clue or even care about who or what is in their blind spot or anywhere near their vehicle.

Or... the pimple faced teenager with the fartcanned ________ (insert fave import here) talking to his bud in the passenger seat and rear seat passengers without even looking ahead.

Or... the elderly person that should have had their licence taken away 10 years earlier.

Or... the person from another country __________ (insert fave here) that has no real grasp for driving or the rules of the road and regulations of the state they are in

Or.... the intoxicated driver!

Or...........get my point?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Fair question and the answer is "NO". I did not piss off that person, I don't know if they even saw me. They were trying to merge on an off ramp exit and cut over which caused me to spin out to avoid hitting them. So to answer your question...I don't think there is provocation on this. I am sure that many people who have Vipers have had people tail gate them to get the viper owner to speed up or "get on it". So not sure why you are being so accusative on this...I don't like to play games with my viper and don't use my viper as a tool to piss people off on the roads. :confused:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Fair question and the answer is "NO". I did not piss off that person, I don't know if they even saw me. They were trying to merge on an off ramp exit and cut over which caused me to spin out to avoid hitting them. So to answer your question...I don't think there is provocation on this. I am sure that many people who have Vipers have had people tail gate them to get the viper owner to speed up or "get on it". So not sure why you are being so accusative on this...I don't like to play games with my viper and don't use my viper as a tool to piss people off on the roads. :confused:

Ab, I just felt the need to tell you again that I feel for ya bro. You can just tell allot of love went into your car, I'm sure it's tough, but everything will work out, and you will have a new car to love sooner than you think.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Inferno, it peopl like you that make this club so great! I have gotten so many calls from all over I don't think there is any car club out there that is like what we have. I just to get through this insurance stuff and then I will be looking for something.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Hi, Adam. Like the rest of your Viper Family, I was really taken aback when I read of your misfortune...BUT happy to hear that you both were unhurt.

Admittedly, I have not read ALL of the posts to the two threads, so this could be a redundant suggestion:

From the photo, it appears that you were quite near an exit ramp...do you know if that area is covered with traffic cams??? There could be a small chance that the incident was captured on film...and an even smaller chance that the offending vehicle could be identified...just a thought.

Good luck, Bro.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Road Conditions, etc.

You have my condolences. My recommendation is to acquire another Viper as soon as possible to ease the pain of the loss. Could you go into more detail on exactly what happened? I know that you were cut off but what caused the loss of control? Did your brakes lock up? Was the road surface wet? I only ask so that we can all learn and avoid a similar situation. Thank you.

V

venms96

Sorry to see those pics, ******* happens fast ! I know you put a lot of work into that car.

Don't know you, never will, but I do know you're a Cop Hater, so what did you do, call the Cops ? Were you able to get any license plate info from the car that cut you off, did they stop

1996 GTS - Stock

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to see those pics, ******* happens fast ! I know you put a lot of work into that car.

Don't know you, never will, but I do know you're a Cop Hater, so what did you do, call the Cops ? Were you able to get any license plate info from the car that cut you off, did they stop

1996 GTS - Stock

:eek: :hitfan:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was a simple question really. And I don't live in a bubble. In my 9 years on ownership, I've had numerous idiotic encounters. Tailgaters, those who want to check out the car from every angle, flashers (one almost landed on my roof at 60 mph), you get the idea. But I've never had somebody cut me off and then get on the brakes. That's really idiotic! The reason I asked the question is I do drive spiritedly sometimes and while it might be ok with us, it has at times annoyed those around me, as indicated by honking, high beams, etc. I drive fast but not rash. The NY club I hang out with usually has at least one police encounter on it's cruises, thanks to cell phones and the citizen police. It was a simple question really. No offense. Wish you luck on your insurance.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ab,
Its been a long while since Ive been back to this forum. Today, I saw your post and pics. Man I am sorry. That really *****. At least your ok. I hope you get this problem sorted out. Take care bro..

S

Stang7900

Sounds like you need driving lessons.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Man, that sounds a little harsh towards someone that just lost his prize possession. AB deserves a little slack here considering he was there and we were not. Not all accidents can be avoided.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think most of us can use more driving lessons. That said, you are in no position to say something like that to someone that just lost their snake. Unless your last name is Andretti, your odds of NOT wrecking your Viper is no better than ab's.

The only difference is no one will give a **** about you when you wreck yours. :p

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sorry to see this........best of luck with whatever you do :(

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1996 GTS - Stock

Why call the cops? They probably would not come anyway, to far to drive...

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aside from noting that I totally agree with Warfang's comments on this post,FYI,the combined braking and evasive lane change manuever needed to avoid a collision in a situation like AB encountered is an excellent way to induce a sudden and rather violent spin.I had exactly the same thing happen to me back in the 80's with a Mustang SVO,at 55mph on dry pavement.While I didn't hit anything,the car went past 180degrees across 2 lanes before I could gather it up and stop it just a couple of inches from a concrete barrier.This was at least as much a function of good luck as of driving skill,and it was not an experience I would care to repeat,nor does that incident assure me that the result would be as favorable on another occaision.I am glad you have so much more confidence in your own ability level,whatever that may be,but I do hope you never have to find out where it counts(always hate to see anyone's ego writing checks his skills may not be able to cash).

In any case,I do think it bad form to critique another Snake driver's driving skills in this sort of situation.This could have happened to any of us,and if I have learned anything from driving schools,it is that sometimes all you can do is both feet in,hang on and hope for the best.

S

Stang7900

Maybe it was harsh, but driving too fast on the interstate into traffic is a recipe for disaster. many deaths happen that way. Anybody can pull in front of you and cut off the lane. I'm not judging his driving skill, just his judgment. When I drive like Andretti it is only at the track.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. That is why I drive 30 mph in the left lane on the freeway. 55 is just too fast - I might get hurt. :)

Sorry for stealing the thread Adam. Hope things work out for you.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whoa! That isn't really your car, is it? It hurts just to look at. Good luck with settling everything up Adam. I'm sure you'll pick up another one and build it up to be an even meaner snake...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960