Some things to do while i have my wheels off.

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my stock wheels and i am now waitng on some new ones.I might as well get some things done while im waiting.:smirk:

1.Calipers.My viper is a 03 so their not red.I would like to send them off for exchange for red but its to expensive.Anybody have any tips on painting them red myself?type of paint,prep,removing them,etc.

2.lowering springs.Im going with the 19/20 setup plus ps2 tires so i might as well go ahead and get lowering springs from eibach and lower it.

Any help would be nice. thanks:2tu:

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to grind the corners off red powder coated Alcon calipers to get a set of HRE wheels to fit. I left the corners a little rough for the paint, and used caliper paint I purchased from Eastwood. Although I used 3-coats, I can see the paint coming off after about 2-years.

There have been many people who have had success painting their calipers, but I haven't been so lucky; hopefully, you will have better luck.

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT KIND OF WHEELS DID YOU ORDER ? WHY DONT YOU POWDER COAT THE CALIPERS:2tu:

Im going with iforged.I have not choosed the ones i want yet.:confused: Powder coating is a good idea.I was just wondering if anybody has done it theirselves before and exactly what was involved. thanks.

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea, because if you go w/hre or i-forged, your car is going to be setting for a LONG time!