Someone tried to kill me tonight

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! That is absolutely crazy!! It almost sounds to me that these punks had something against the fact that you had a Viper and they didn't. I've seen how stupid and jealous other people can get if you have a car that is 'nicer' than theirs. I just don't get it??? F@$% punks were probably on ****.

Happy to hear that you got away from them. :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No but now I'm thinking about it.

He very well could have been trying to try an insurance scam...

I always pack a little heat. It take the edge off knowing you can protect yourself if you come accross a crazy. You can think clearer know you have the final say. IMO

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glade your ok.

Now, next time mount the .50cal to the roof of the viper and just give that numnuttz in the Nissan some weight to slow him down :D

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glade your ok.

Now, next time mount the .50cal to the roof of the viper and just give that numnuttz in the Nissan some weight to slow him down :D

I always wanted to mount a 50 cal on an H1 and patrol the streets. Nobody would test me.

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Conveniently an officer stopped by my house last night asking if I knew anything about someone doing burnouts in the neighborhood, so I talked to him about what happened on Sunday and he said exactly what I thought, and that was there wouldn't be anything they could do since it wasn't witnessed by an officer. However if I did crash, or crash into another vehicle, the Nissan would be held responsible for making me drive erratically.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of this sounds like a "typical" Nissan owner.

I beg to differ...we had a 1990 Nissan Sentra that got Mike thru the hard winters with nary a problem in all the years he had it (up to last year when we gave the car to another owner who had same year/model...no problems with his car either)....so we used to be a Nissan owner...wouldn't say anybody is a 'typical' car-brand owner? ~juli

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beg to differ...we had a 1990 Nissan Sentra that got Mike thru the hard winters with nary a problem in all the years he had it (up to last year when we gave the car to another owner who had same year/model...no problems with his car either)....so we used to be a Nissan owner...wouldn't say anybody is a 'typical' car-brand owner? ~juli

So, uh, Juli.. where were you on Sunday night around 10:30pm?

:lmao:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, uh, Juli.. where were you on Sunday night around 10:30pm?
:lmao:

Well, we don't have the Nissan any longer *WHEW*--so I am off the hook there!!! (Plus it was red, not a 'dark colored Nissan') You got your humor back, glad to see it!!! :2tu: ~juli

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend who was 'approached' at a traffic light (or was it a RR crossing) late at night in Flint while in his Corvette..

One guy, who got out of the car behind him, tried to open his locked passenger door. He managed to outrun them.

He's packing heat now - leaves it on his passenger seat when he's out and about.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont carry any heat, but I know I should. One warning I want to give everyone is, if your man enough to pull a gun, be man enough to fire it. Dont just use a gun as a scare tactic. I've heard many times where people pull guns, but freeze up and the robber ends up wrestling the gun away from the good guy and ends up using it on the good guy. Tis better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont carry any heat, but I know I should. One warning I want to give everyone is, if your man enough to pull a gun, be man enough to fire it. Dont just use a gun as a scare tactic. I've heard many times where people pull guns, but freeze up and the robber ends up wrestling the gun away from the good guy and ends up using it on the good guy. Tis better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Remember one important thing...if you shoot someone in your vehicle that is threating your life, that will be justified. if you are in the vehicle and you shoot them when they are outside of the vehicle that is NOT justifed! your vehicle is considerd a shield or/and a escape from harms way. that is the reson why i did not blow that guys head off.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always think about having the Viper Jacked when I stop for gas. As far as I'm concerned, if they have a gun, I'll tose them the keys. I'm not having some ******* take me out for a car.

If I'm at a light and I see someone come up on me, I'll be locked, loaded and blasting away.

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had almost the same thing happen to me earlier this fall!! I was in the SRT coming home from a meeting in Omaha when a group of kids came up behind me so close all I could see was the grill in my rear view mirror. I got around the car I was passing on I-80 and signaled over to the slow lane thinking they would pass. Instead of passing they pulled right beside me and all flipped me off!! I am not from Omaha and do not know anyone in Omaha so I was thinking ***? They then got in front of me and SLAMMED on the breaks. I puckered up and stomped on the binders, swerved onto the shoulder (paved, and the only choice as there was a semi on my immediate left) shifted down to third and dropped the hammer. I left them waaaay back there, but in a matter of minutes they were right on me again! I lucked out and the next time they pulled up next to me on the left I was parallel to an exit and shot off that before they had a chance follow. They slammed on the breaks trying to make the exit and almost put it in the ditch! I finished the trip home on two lane roads and will NEVER take my Viper over to Omaha again.
Good to hear you're safe-there are some real nut-jobs out there on the road!

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds almost exactly like what happened to me.

These are the type of people who will never amount to anything.

I had almost the same thing happen to me earlier this fall!! I was in the SRT coming home from a meeting in Omaha when a group of kids came up behind me so close all I could see was the grill in my rear view mirror. I got around the car I was passing on I-80 and signaled over to the slow lane thinking they would pass. Instead of passing they pulled right beside me and all flipped me off!! I am not from Omaha and do not know anyone in Omaha so I was thinking ***? They then got in front of me and SLAMMED on the breaks. I puckered up and stomped on the binders, swerved onto the shoulder (paved, and the only choice as there was a semi on my immediate left) shifted down to third and dropped the hammer. I left them waaaay back there, but in a matter of minutes they were right on me again! I lucked out and the next time they pulled up next to me on the left I was parallel to an exit and shot off that before they had a chance follow. They slammed on the breaks trying to make the exit and almost put it in the ditch! I finished the trip home on two lane roads and will NEVER take my Viper over to Omaha again.
Good to hear you're safe-there are some real nut-jobs out there on the road!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had forgot my incident kinda like this, but remembered when I read BullSnake's post. Here's a copy and paste of my original thread made early last year:

I was on a 5 lane hwy (2 lanes each way and a turn lane) and look up in my mirror and see 2 trucks flying up behind me and both pass me on the left. The S10 then goes into my lane (the right lane) while the Blazer stays in the left lane. They start slowing down and slow down to maybe 2 mph. I go into the turn lane to pass them and when I do, both of the idiots gun it trying to block me from getting over. Needless to say, I grabbed 2nd gear and blew by them. I then slowed down (knowing I was in a heavily policed area). I dont know where the S10 went, but when I went to make a right hand turn (single lane turn), the Blazer makes the same turn and tries to pass me in the turn! I had to speed up so he wouldnt hit my rearend. I then got on a straight away and the a-hole continues to follow me. I make a lefthand turn and he does the same thing he did at the last turn I made (another single lane turn). I was just about to call the police and report him when he finally made a turn I didnt. I then noticed it was a cop behind me, so I made sure I was going the speedlimit. After following me for about .5 mile, he hits his lights. I pulled over and he came up to my car and asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I told him "honestly, I have no clue" (I really didnt). He says "oh really?" and turns to walk back to his car w/my license and insurance card. I said "does it have to do with the idiot in the blazer who tried to cut me off?" The cop just looked at me and I explained how they stopped in the middle of the road and trying to pass me in turns. I told the cop "I guess its because of the car" and he responded "its not the car, the car doesnt have anything to do with it". He said he saw both of us and decided to pull me over (big surprise there...do you pull over the viper w/a young guy driving or the POS blazer?). After running my tag and background history, he returns to tell me that he was gonna ticket me for speeding (said I took a 35mph turn at 46) and he didnt have enough proof to write me a ticket for what happened with the Blazer. How in the !@#$ could he write me a ticket for almost being run off the road anyway????? But since I had been cooperative, he'd let me go. He then said "And your car is not why I pulled you over". So I clarified I meant the Blazer was most likely acting like an ***** because of the car not the reason he pulled me over. His response was "Ohhhhhhh". He then let me go and told me to be safe. I know where the Blazer guy hangs out (I had sen him earlier in the night). I'm tempted to go there tomorrow night and discuss his driving skills but its not worth going to jail over. However, I'd really like to take a lugwrnech and add a few more dents to his POS truck and maybe a dent or 2 to his forehead :evilmad:

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont do all that other stupid crazy stuff, but if i am being tailgated, the guy behind me will be eating my tail lights real quick.

"I pull behind 2 cars (2 lanes, cars in both) doing the same speed."

were you maybe following a little too close out of frustration because of the two cars traveling next to each other were blocking the road and you from going around? sounds like maybe he was ********** about something.

(not trying to cause trouble here, just offering another possible answer as to why you had a car in front of you slam on the brakes)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*FHP on your cell in florida. Get their plates and call the cops.

I have a bad temper and will do something stupid and. I"LL end up in jail. No thanks. Lets the cops deal with the nimrods whenpossible.