Something Missing off of my ACR

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked at EVERY picture of an 08 ACR that I could, as well as the 08 non ACR Viper and have found that all of them had the Dodge (on driver side back bumper) and VIPER (on Passenger side back bumper) name plates installed.

My car as seen in the photos has none, anyone else have this? I am not concerned about it, but when my friend pointed it out I thought it was an ACR thing. Guess not?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes ********, maybe your are on to something. The others I have seen were not ********. Interesting, hopefully more will chime in.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think alpine is right on the weight saving thing. I was looking at the press photos of the acr and that car was a ******** package car. No rear bumper badging

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES, I already have the track ride height (rough settings), track alignment from woodhouse, poly mounts for engine and transmission, s/s brake lines, motul fluid, mgw shifter, tow straps and team tech harness'. I am signed up for Viper Days at TWS Tx next month and an event at MSR Houston in November.

Are you planning on tracking it?

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a non ******** ACR and it has both 'Dodge' and the 'Viper' on the back.

Now, not only do I have the extra emblem, I also have fog lights (Canadian DRL's) Jeez, my car is a COW!:omg:

Greg

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took off all the Badges or emblems off my SSG coupe!
Now nobody know what I am driving!!
Stealth mode!
I dont even get noticed!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR with the rear bumper mounted badges will beat the ACR without same in the quarter mile. More weight in the rear means more traction to the rear wheels. LOL. Congrats on the ACR. The more I see them, the meaner they look. In your case, it's a mean lean machine. Maybe you can get a vanity plate that says: MNLNMCHN if Texas allows eight letters on the plate.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took off all the Badges or emblems off my SSG coupe!
Now nobody know what I am driving!!
Stealth mode!
I dont even get noticed!

Did you just use some heat (hair dryer)? How hard we're they to get off?

Thanks,
Greg

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A technique that I have seen is to take some fishing line and gently move it under the letters, one by one so as not to scratch the underlying paint. If there is any glue left over, a little ordorless mineral spirits applied carefully with a small cotton cloth should remove same.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A technique that I have seen is to take some fishing line and gently move it under the letters, one by one so as not to scratch the underlying paint. If there is any glue left over, a little ordorless mineral spirits applied carefully with a small cotton cloth should remove same.

Brilliant!

Thanks for the tip. I like the 'Viper' but not so much the 'Dodge'.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2008 does not have any emblems on the rear bumper[non acr] i checked the 08's that were at the Chrysler proving grounds provided by dodge and they all had the emblems. I was going to ask the folks at conner about this but i forgot.

Yeah, that is odd! Our emblems are in GTS blue, so they're hard to see...but chrome would look out of place...so we'll keep 'em the way they are. Seems you'd be able to get emblems under warranty possibly? As they were missing in the first place? I'm sure a dealer can chime in here about that? Are you talking about the one-of-one Viper you won? Maybe that's why? Just throwing out thoughts! :confused: ~juli

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought the Canadian ACRs (hard and soft) still shipped with the fog lamp blockoff plates for when you hit the track?

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the Canadian ACRs (hard and soft) still shipped with the fog lamp blockoff plates for when you hit the track?

By law they're installed and functional and used as the daytime running lights. If your car is just for the track and not driven on the road you can do whatever you want. If you drive on the street it'll be easy to spot the DRL violater - it's the only car without lights.

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it better without the lettering, but found it odd. I don't want new ones under warranty, I would never put them on. I just wondered why it came without them, and how it made it past "final inspection" without it. My friend was looking at my 06 and said, oh they don't put that on anymore, otherwise, I probably would not have noticed for a while.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it better without the lettering, but found it odd. I don't want new ones under warranty, I would never put them on. I just wondered why it came without them, and how it made it past "final inspection" without it. My friend was looking at my 06 and said, oh they don't put that on anymore, otherwise, I probably would not have noticed for a while.

Barrett Jackson 2040....

ONE OF A KIND! LAST OF THE BIG HORSEPOWER CARS AND THIS ONE HAS THE EXTREMELY RARE FACTORY DECAL DELETE! LET'S START BIDDING AT $3,000,000.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By law they're installed and functional and used as the daytime running lights. If your car is just for the track and not driven on the road you can do whatever you want. If you drive on the street it'll be easy to spot the DRL violater - it's the only car without lights.

What I meant was... I thought the block off plates (the physical parts) where included with the Canadian cars when shipped but not installed... In the same package of goodies like the lap timer, etc... for you to swap in for track days... and swap back out for street.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I meant was... I thought the block off plates (the physical parts) where included with the Canadian cars when shipped but not installed... In the same package of goodies like the lap timer, etc... for you to swap in for track days... and swap back out for street.

Yep, I have them. I don't plan on removing the fog lights then replacing them for a track day though. I think there will be zero measureable benefit and it would be a fair bit of work. The main benefit would be that the fog lights won't pick up chips or cracks from tack debris. Hmmm, maybe it is worthwhile...

Any way. The blanks were shipped with the car. They were wrapped in bubble wrap, same as the splitter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4