Something rolling around?

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very odd... I haven't gotten it up on a lift yet... but when I turn sharply, I hear something rolling around... what sounds like the engine compartment. I don't hear it again, until I turn sharp the other direction. Any ideas as to what it is? It almost felt like it was under the footwell, like you could feel it under your feet.

Maybe this is a common thing? Is there somehwere I should check first? Almost like a golfball rolling around.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been a while, but if sounds like a popping sound, it could be upper control arm bushings. There was a thread a few years ago, one of the members found the culprit. Do a search for popping sound in the RT/GTS discussion area.

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a search, he suggests the upper a-arm is causing the problem... however it sounds like this "golf ball" is actually rolling around... and isn't coming from the tire area. Any other ideas before I get it up on the hoist to check for sure that it isn't the bushings?

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I turn sharply, I hear something rolling around... I don't hear it again, until I turn sharp the other direction. Almost like a golfball rolling around.

This thread is 24 hours old so you may have figured it out by now, but I'll just say if you "don't hear it again, until you turn sharp the other direction" then it does sound like something really is rolling around. Let us know what you find.

Bob

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a guy many years ago here. He claimed that he lost his cell phone by braking hard. The cell phone disappeared in one of the vents in the passenger area....:confused:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a guy many years ago here. He claimed that he lost his cell phone by braking hard. The cell phone disappeared in one of the vents in the passenger area....:confused:

I lost a camera battery the same way, it goes up the passenger foot well...and is lost in the dead zone...FOREVER!!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost a camera battery the same way, it goes up the passenger foot well...and is lost in the dead zone...FOREVER!!!

This is the heat shield that the passenger rest their feet on. Looks like this with the carpet out.

Just pull the carpet back...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if something went in behind that... like a socket, or a bolt from when I was working on something..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YAY! It WAS a friggen golf ball!!! hahaha.... thank you SO MUCH Dave for the wicked pictures. I pulled the carpet back, felt around, and bingo... I felt the ball. Was able to fish it out, and no more bang!

It was a Titleist 3. As friggen if. :)

Thank you everyone for your help.

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Golf ball? Am I on corvetteforum again?

The previous owner (Red-Green from the red green show) used to golf... and he said he used to put the golf bag in the passenger seat with a towel underneath to protect the seat. I guess one of his balls fell out. lol.

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do golf... once maybe twice a year... I'm not the best at it... but I have a truck to lug my golf bag to the golf course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96