Sooooo close... 10.1 @ 142 :(

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of these days a blower car will make it into the 9's! Mine came close tonight with back-to-back 10.1 passes... but not close enough.

Cross your fingers for cooler weather and more HP.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have the timeslips scanned shortly. The basics -- 1.5x short time, 114-115 MPH in the 1/8th, and about 80F at the track.

Mav, I'll have to see about TX, but that's awfully tempting. Good luck with the DR runs! You've got enough HP to make it happen.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run. 80 degrees in NorCal....wassup with that.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moroso. I think the cool October NorCal air will be just the ticket. Infineon is probably my next stop, because it's cooler (and they'll kick me off as soon as I run >135, so I might as well get it over with :) )

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a "detuned" run?
Come on Ben, more details man, how much boost? Was this with the 800 800 detuned setup?? If so that is insane, turning down the boost has actually lowered your et :eek: Congrats on the runs, You will be 1st in 9s with SC only :)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Ben !! I'm sure "others" want to know if you used nitrous or not. If you had some cooler air you would have been there. Also, was it a 10.10 or 10.1X ?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep up the great work Ben!
1TONY1 you can drive too..... Can't imagine what you could do behind the wheel :D in the cooler weather :eek:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben's knocking on the door! Congratulations! I have a feeling that the 9 second run is coming soon!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ben. You've worked hard and you've earned it. Now that you have the quickest supercharger only Viper in the world what are you going to do now?

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that you have the quickest supercharger only Viper in the world what are you going to do now?

he's going to disneyworld what else.
great run ben.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> what are you going to do now?
What a strange question! I'm going to try to go faster, of course :laugh: I still want 9's with the current setup, and don't be surprised to see that 32PSI procharger setup reappear at some point, with boost control, an engine and a driveline to match...

Here's the timeslip from the better of the two runs from last night:
You must be registered for see images

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new record :cool: So close, yet so far away :) Did Doug drive it at Moroso? You should have let us locals know it was there, I would have liked to see it go.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this was still Doug driving it. He wanted one last chance with the new setup to put it down the dragstrip, and I told him to go for it.

I'm sure it'll be quicker out here in Cali - temps are about 30F cooler than in Florida, and blower cars loooove the cold air. The real question will be whether I can drive it well enough to get a 1.4x 60', which is about what it'll take to get into the 9s.