Sorry, It's ONLY a GTS...

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at an average hotel one night on vacation, woke up in the morning finding my H1 plastered dripping with fast food pop & cups, yet I've never been a ****.
quote]

Ha...I had the same thing happen to my 98 Mustang SVT Cobra. It was parked at a Holiday INN, woke up in the morning to find a burger with mustand and ketchup on the hood along with a sticky soda dumped all over it. Jealous people I guess.

Driving the Viper someone at a stop light asked me "is that a Ferrari?" :rolleyes:

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge Fever,

We're new to the area and was thinking about a trip to the Out Banks over the 4th weekend...where would you recommend?

Paul

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MR U-2
My recommendation is DON'T! If you want to go and you're as close as you are, do what we locals do and wait until September. No traffic, still warm, LOTS of sales, room rates are lower by a third, etc. All the restaurants are still open and there is lots to do still. First time going, I would hit the Outer Banks and go North toward Duck and Corolla. Next visit, I would go south and hit Nags Head, Oregon Inlet, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devils Hill, Manteo, the list goes on. If you want more info, PM me, or if others are interested, I can start a thread over in the non-Viper topic area.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the strangest conversation today. I live on the main drag that people from the
North-East states take to the Outer Banks. (You know who you are!). I needed to get a few things from the hardware store so...had to take the GTS:) As I'm getting back to the car from inside, a guy with out of state tags says "excuse me, is that a Dodge Viper?"
I turn and look at the big chrome emblems on the Silver bumper that say "Dodge" and "Viper", and turn back to him, resisting an urge, and just say, yes it is. He then asks if it's the "sports edition":dunno: I tell him it's JUST a GTS, and he say's oh, my son like the sports edition, but I'll tell him I saw this one, and drives off. :lmao:
That's it, I'm going on E-Bay to buy a Sports Edition!

I love those types of conversations. Just like me constantly being told there is an automatic version.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy go out of his way to say "nice Viper, you should have gotten the GTS though", this as he gets of his Vette.

I made it a point to get at him a little bit when I said ( as I point to the GTS emblem), "hey numb-nuts, as much as you drooled over my Viper, you missed these three little letters right here" :rolaugh:

I also love the miss information about those that don't know about Vipers.
I had a Dad and Son amazed that the Viper had a Eject button! :D