Sound Systems in a GenIII....

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've read the other posts, and if I were installing an RB1, I would be set. However, I don't really care about NAV but I need MP3 and I don't feel like dragging around my iPod. Plus, bluetooth would be nice for hands free phone use.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed a standard DIN size chassis and made it look good.

Also, has anyone built an enclosure for the coupe to hold a 10" yet? Is there enough room in the trunk well to do something nice. The coupe likely has great acoustic qualities, so it just screams for a strong sub back there (assuming the exhaust is not overwhelming).

If you have done any of the above in a GenIII coupe, please post some pics.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to get METRA 1DIN adapter, Pioneer DEH-P980BT and optionally some amplifier. That's what I got, the headunit looks nice in that adapter and will provide MP3/WMV and handsfree. Plus you can buy iPod adapter and browse the songs like on ipod.

I have older model DEH-P77BTnot available in US) installed in my S2000 and handsfree works great. This new model has improved BT stack and better remote with the dialpad. I don;t have this installed yet, need to get back to Prague first. My RB1 is unusable in Europe since they don't have maps:-(((((

If I would be in US I would keep RB1 and add ipod adapter and for handsfree Parrot 3200 kit - works awesome in my Expedition and works with speaker line output.

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Sony mex-bt5000. RB1 would have been nice had it had MP3. But since it does not, I'll take a better head unit that can do it and just do my best to make a clean install with a good kit.