Sourcing replacement PCM - 96 GTS

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been having intermittent problems on my 96 GTS and they got worse. The signal for injector 7 dropped off. It's been traced back to the PCM. Already replaced battery, plugs, O2 sensors and coils.

What the best source to get a replacement? I called O'Reilly's and they will call the company on Monday that has them. That's for a rebuilt PCM. Anybody have one laying around or tell me the 'forum-approved' source?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been having intermittent problems on my 96 GTS and they got worse. The signal for injector 7 dropped off. It's been traced back to the PCM. Already replaced battery, plugs, O2 sensors and coils.

What the best source to get a replacement? I called O'Reilly's and they will call the company on Monday that has them. That's for a rebuilt PCM. Anybody have one laying around or tell me the 'forum-approved' source?

Jon at PartsRack would most probably have what you are looking for, or will point you in the right direction if not.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul Scharf had one for my 1993 when I was looking last year. He's always been kick-ass to deal with.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red,
I have a used '98 PCM in the shop. I was trying to use it on my 01 GTS but for whatever reason, it sets off a CEL for IAC and low fuel sensor....? Other than that, the car really screams with it on. I'd use it since it does seem to rev a lot faster than with 01 PCM, but I can't get it to idle at all with the IAC fault. I can send it to you if you send me a shipping address. You can try it and see how it works for you. No harm in that !!