South Coast Slither in OC, LA, and SD...

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my God... I might get a weekend day off work! :2tu:

I hardly ever get a chance to attend SoCal events. My sales job keeps me busy on weekends.

How many are going? (List what region you are in.)

Post your best pic of your ride here!

416IMG_0862-med.JPG

( I hope someone brings Albert Fatal I need some better shots of my car!)

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in :D :2tu:
4459IMG_2096-med.jpg

I should have my SRT Big Brake Kit installed if everything goes right. :shocked: :2tu: :cool:

I should also have my newest parts, DOT S/S brake lines(no Viper Tax) :2tu: Should have prices by then. :2tu:

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, that's really sad :confused: people wait to the last minute, and then wonder why small turn outs :confused:

We only have 3 coming from SD Vipers so far, no info ahead of time to make plans.

See Ya Sunday

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested but can't be sure until Saturday. (Server issues at work).

What day: This coming Sunday (I assume).
Time: ???
Where do we meet(start): ????
What time and where does the drive end: ????

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipermann1,
Here is the info. Hope to see you all there.
Trinh

===========================================================
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 1:06 PM
To: SoCal
Subject: SCSlither-Updated Info

South Coast Slither

May 22, 2005

Sunday

Come join the Southern California Viper Club on a fun filled day ride along the beautiful California coastline as dozens of Vipers rumble together through popular beach communities. 3 separate starting points have been established for each major area, San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles. All 3 groups will start early (apprx. 8 a.m.) by gathering simultaneously at their respective meeting points for coffee and such. Then caravanning to the central meeting point at “Duke’s” restaurant on the pier in Huntington Beach where we’ve secured front lot parking within clear view of the front patio where brunch will be served at apprx. 10 a.m. The address is 317 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. Phone number incase you get lost (714)374-6446! ! . After filling our tummies and chatting with fellow club members we will depart in snake like formation along Pacific Coast Highway south toward Dana Point Harbor where we will take a few minutes to stretch our legs and regroup. Then back north on P.C.H. were we will finish at the Hard Rock Café in Fashion Island, Newport Beach at apprx. 1:30 p.m. If you get lost the address is 451 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660. The phone number is (949)640-8844. All members are welcome to attend. Just a fun short day ride and a good opportunity to become better acquainted with some of the really great people in this organization. There is no cost other than what you spend on brunch $18.95 per plate and valet parking at $3.00 per vehicle (valet or park yourself). For more detailed information, refer to the following pages. If you know someone who owns a Viper but is not a member of the club, feel free to invite them. This is a great way for them to experience what the club is all about. Please try to remember to RSVP your area coordinator; we would like to have some advanced notion of how many plan to attend.

*****Cost $18.95 per person*****

Be there!!!

If you are in the San Diego Area

RSVP Area Coordinator – Paul Hawker @ (858) 451-8791

Many members have and communicate with small 2 way family band radios. Attendees are encouraged to obtain one if they wish to listen in or chat during the ride. On Chnl 1.

Your group will meet at 7:45 at the 5 Fwy North of Oceanside at the Camp Pendleton Rest Area departing at 8:15. Be sure to show up with a full tank of gas. We will take the 5 Fwy North to 405 Fwy North get off at Beach Blvd. and go South on Beach Blvd. then go right on PCH (North) and continue to Duke’s Restaurant on PCH. Stop at Dukes to meet up with the other Vipers from Orange and LA County. Any questions call Paul Hawker.

If you are in the Riverside Area

This group will meet at 7:15 at the Main Street Park and Ride in Corona which is on the corner of Main Street and Grand Avenue right of the West 91 Fwy in Corona. We will depart at 7:30 and meet up with the Orange County Area people. Any questions call Tony (951)359-0338.

If you are in the Los Angeles Area
RSVP Area Coordinator – Tony @DC Performance (310) 841-6996

Be sure to arrive with a full tank of gas as there will be no stopping or waiting for those who have not. Your Group will be meeting at The Viper Shop, 3370 So. Livonia Ave

Los Angeles, Ca 90034 (310-841-6996) at 8:00 a.m. and departing at 8:30 a.m. SHARP!!

Tony is your contact man. The route from DC Performance to Huntington Beach will be as follows:

Start at 3370 LIVONIA AVE, LOS ANGELES - go 0.1 mi

Turn Right on ROBERTSON PL - go < 0.1 mi

Bear Left on EXPOSITION BLVD - go 0.1 mi

Make a Sharp Left Turn on S ROBERTSON BLVD - go 0.1 mi

Take ramp onto I-10 WEST - go 1.9 mi

Take exit #3B onto I-405 SOUTH toward LONG BEACH/LAX AIRPORT - go 37.0 mi

Take the CA-39 exit toward HUNTINGTON BEACH - go 0.3 mi

Turn Left on CENTER AVE - go 0.1 mi

Turn Right on BEACH BLVD - go 5.1 mi

Turn Right on ATLANTA AVE - go 0.5 mi

Turn Left on 1ST ST - go 0.2 mi

Turn Right on PACIFIC COAST HWY - go 0.2 mi

Make a U-turn at Main Street.

14. Turn Right into the very 1st driveway you see

Welcome to Dukes, Huntington Beach.

If you are in the Orange County Area

RSVP Area Coordinator – Diane Tribolet @ 949-559-7321

Be sure to arrive with a full tank of gas as there will be no stopping or waiting for those who have not. There are no service stations at our meeting spots. Your group will meet at 8:00 a.m. at the Krispy Kream Donut shop (renowned for the world’s best donuts) located in the Orange Block Mall. The address is 330 City Drive South, Orange, CA. Use the map below to find your way to The City Drive South. You will see Krispy Kream’s on the northwest corner of City Drive South and Shoppertainment. Turn west on Shoppertainment to enter the parking lot.&nb! ! sp; Grab a donut a cup of coffee and take in the sights.

Be in your Viper by 8:40, we will be departing at 8:45 SHARP! NO WAITING! We will all be following a designated leader to our next destination, Duke’s in Huntington Beach. Our route to Duke’s will be as follows;

City Drive south to Garden Grove Freeway (Freeway 22) – 0.2 mile
Take Garden Grove Freeway West towards Long Beach
Go approximately 4.4 miles and exit towards Magnolia St.
Turn left at Trask Ave. – go 0.2 miles
Turn left at Magnolia St. – go apprx. 4.5 miles
Turn right onto Pacific Coast Highway – go 1 ¾ miles
Turn right on Main Street – go ¼ mile
Left at 6th Street – go 0.1 mile
Left at Orange – go 0.1 mile
Right on Main – go 0.25 mile
Left on Pacific Coast Highway – go 0.1 mile
Right into 1st driveway on right hand side
If by any chance you become separated from the group or need to communicate with someone in the group you can call Diane on her cell at 714-719-2323, she will be happy to inform you of our exact location.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will probably go,

But that means I have to miss the Monaco race party :( , wish they would plan these things around F1 races.

Vipermann1 and Art Pena,

Let me know if you are gonna go, we can meet up and go to DC in our own little caravan.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

You have a PM.

Vipermann,

You should definitely try to make it as Viblur said he had a blast last year. You can always TiVO the Monaco Race Party. ;)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art,

Just got in will give you a call on Saturday.

Newport Viper,

Where is the leak from? You sure its not from the over flow?