SOUTHWEST ZONE RENDEZVOUS June 24 - 26!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark your calendars for a SERIOUSLY awesome Zone Rendezvous hosted by your Kansas City VCA! Our host location? THE KANSAS SPEEDWAY. This NASCAR track will also be where we can park our Vipers overnight on both Friday and Saturday nights. Guarded parking in the infield garages too. Here is a tentative list of events:

FRIDAY, JUNE 24

Your get two choices:

#1. Viper Baseball Night with the The Kansas City T-Bones. Relax in the luxury suites (wet bar, etc.) and catch a professional baseball game in a new stadium. Vipers will have the entire entrance to the ballpark roped off for guarded Viper parking only. We did it last year for our local club and it was a blast.

#2. Want a little more action? We will be drag racing at Heartland Park in Topeka too. This is a track that has GREAT prep and will be rented SOLELY for Vipers. Fast and furious indeed.

SATURDAY, JUNE 25

* THREE autocross venues: Factory-provided SRT-10, factory-provided Neon, and VCA member Vipers. We may even set up a fourth for member Vipers to make sure everybody gets plenty of seat time if they want.

* The Racing Experience NASCAR stock cars on the Speedway. We will have full access to this Nextel Cup group for both ride-alongs AND for driving! Yep, you can take out a full-blown NASCAR stock car for a few laps on the Kansas Speedway - with no pace cars! Pricing is yet to be determined, but it will be VERY low, with ride-alongs working towards that magic mark of "free" (no promises just yet).

* In keeping with the Kansas City charity tradition, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City has arranged with the VCA to hold their annual picnic on the infield from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. During that time, you will get the chance to drive YOUR Viper on the banked tri-oval of the Speedway and give Little Brothers and Little Sisters rides that they will never forget. We will also have access to Victory Lane and a professional photographer throughout, so count on photo ops galore!

* Saturday night provides for great food and entertainment, capped off by various driving awards and recognition. This is one party you won't want to miss.

SUNDAY, JUNE 26

While most folks will probably be departing for home, you will still have access to many of the venues, including The Racing Experience at the Kansas Speedway. Take advantage of our low negotiated rates and spend the day driving 165 mph and enjoying the thrill of the 15º banked turns. Vipers will have access to the Kansas Speedway infield and garages for the entire weekend beginning Friday night.

BUT WAIT!! Thinking about driving your Viper up here solo? Think again! You will definitely want to bring the whole family if you can manage: Our main host hotel will be The Great Wolf Lodge, which includes a world-class indoor water park. This is a gorgeous hotel where every room is a suite that can comfortably sleep 4-8 people. We will have specially negotiated rates for all attendees, so don't start booking just yet. For those looking for more simple accommodations, we will also be using the Hampton Inn Village West as our other host property with specially negotiated discounts for VCA members.

The entire host area is tightly packed with things for everybody to enjoy: Cabela's Outdoor Outfitters features a 65,000 gallon aquarium, national Mule Deer museum (with two world record setters on display), a Gun Library, and even an indoor mountain - all free of charge. Nebraska Furniture Mart Kansas City is the largest furniture and appliance store in the world. It truly is a destination in and of itself. Also nearby is The Woodlands racetrack (horse and greyhound racing). Of course the Kansas Speedway, CommunityAmerica Ballpark (Kansas City T-Bones), and several famous restaurants (Arthur Bryant's, etc.) are all within that immediate area - less than a mile apart.

This is sure to be a SOLD OUT Zone Rendezvous. Southwest Zone VCA members will have first shot at registration when it opens up. We have already had several other clubs ask to attend as well. Be patient and be sure to mark your calendars for one incredible event this summer!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try my best to make it, and bring some more snakes with me!

Dean, you are the one guy that is guaranteed to make this a success. We will definitely look for you here and will see if we can't get more great shots of you on the banks of the Speedway!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well..... I wuz kinda hoping you'd also be offering 25 cent raffle tickets for one a them hot new Zo6's, & mebbe toss in a free, all expense paid trip to Blair, Nebraska included with the entry. But, I suppose if that's all you can throw together for now...... it'l have to do. I guess I'll show up. Dang.... I vaguely remember that Word fella too! If he's comin then sumthin BIG must be going on.

Really, though ..... you had me at the Furniture Mart thing! :D

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wuz kinda hoping you'd also be offering 25 cent raffle tickets for one a them hot new Zo6's, & mebbe toss in a free, all expense paid trip to Blair, Nebraska included with the entry.

Oh, we have a few surprises in store for everybody - and you darn near hit two of them on the head! Can't let you National guys in on ALL the secrets... ;)

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does sound like a nice little party. Great job! Hope the Northeast can come up with something 1/4th as interesting!!!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the e-mails on this event! In answer to many of the questions, YES: You can attend another Zone Rendezvous even if you are not part of that Zone. The only caveat is that if you are in a region that is not part of the zone, your autocross scores won't count towards that Zone championship. No big deal for most, but just a side note.

We look forward to seeing a LOT of folks here in Kansas City!

Chris

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, count me in. I've contacted our CO/UT contact about me going. Topeka is a great track and your chapter at the VCA made my great trip even better. Cant wait for June!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave - We will definitely count you in. For those from the Midwest Zone that are not able to attend their Rendezvous due to Viper Days - c'mon down!! Many of us will try to attend both...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Registration is actually done through VCA Headquarters (JR Thompson) and is not available just yet. They seem to issue it 30-60 days prior to the event, however I suspect that can be changed. I know a bunch want to get registered ASAP, as this one is pretty likely to sell out.

Did I mention that for those bringing spouses/kids that don't want to hang out at the track, that there are a TON of things in the immediate area to do? And fret not, they won't need to borrow your car when we provide this for area transportation:

You must be registered for see images

It's a Dodge too! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This part is pretty fun. :2tu:

5842BumbleBee.jpg

And yep, we will be doing that too! Oh, and for those that just got the latest issue of VIPER magazine, the Southwest Rendezvous is NOT in Las Vegas this month. No idea what that is about!

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This part is pretty fun. :2tu:

5842BumbleBee.jpg

And yep, we will be doing that too! Oh, and for those that just got the latest issue of VIPER magazine, the Southwest Rendezvous is NOT in Las Vegas this month. No idea what that is about!
What you can’t see in that picture is the pace truck in front of Tim and his yellow with black stripes. We were told not to go over 80mph, but tim stayed on his ass all the way around the track, and all the other cars slowed down till the pace truck caught up with the last car. Then we all nailed it doing 100 – 140mph around ¾ of track till we caught up with the pace truck and Tim. We did that 2 or 3 times ,it was a blast thanks to tim and his tailgating skills .Next time we will have to draw straws to find out who will have to tailgate the pace truck ,except for tim :headbang:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several folks have asked if we have arranged secure parking at the host hotels for the Vipers. Nope - much much better: We have arranged with the Kansas Speedway to use their infield and infield garages for Viper parking for the weekend (Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night). This means that your cars and trailers will be in the Fort Knox of the automobile world - nobody but security guards can get anywhere near them. Needless to say, the public is not allowed inside a major NASCAR track during off hours: Access to the track complex is gated, while the infield is both gated at the tunnel and then fenced around the garages. The garages themselves can house over 90 cars (there are four of them, with two pictured below).

Oh yeah, and you don't have to walk to the hotel either: We will have shuttles going back and forth from the track, including the limousine pictured in one of the posts above. Think of it as a remote parking lot like they had at Nashville for VOI 7 - only MUCH better! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any updates Chris? I havent registered at the hotel yet, which one should I use or will be used by the majority of Vipers?

Updates? You betcha! You should be receiving an official invitation from National in the next couple of days. We have two official hotels and they are:

The Great Wolf Lodge - $189 per night for large suite (sleeps 4-6) and includes 4 waterpark passes for the duration of the stay (normally $295 per night): (913) 299-7001

Hampton Inn Village West - $89 a night, including breakfast: (913) 328-1400

Be sure to specify the Viper Club to get those rates - ROOMS ARE LIMITED! Guarded parking will be provided at the infield garages at the Kansas Speedway on Friday and Saturday nights with free transportation to both properties.

Will post more a little later, and it is AWESOME!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I just called the Hampton Inn and they are sold out!! I have my name on a list for cancellations.
I spoke with the property and they still have some rooms available. We booked the discount rate for Friday & Saturday nights, and apparently you are coming in a day earlier. That confused them just a little, but you should be all set now! We will look forward to seeing you there, and be sure to send in your registration as soon as you get it - we will sell out of those NASCAR packages almost immediately (the ones where you get to drive a Nextel Cup Rousch Racing stock car around the Kansas Speedway for ten laps at 150+ MPH). Should be a blast!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a call from the hotel and fixed everything. I'm coming in thursday night and they gave me the VCA rate for thursday night, friday night, saturday night. All is well.

Thanks for your help, waiting for registration!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my invite and sent it back. Any ideas on where I can park my snake thursday night before things get started friday?

Dave -

I will check into this for you and let you know what I find. I don't know that the track will be open at that point, however I may be able to figure something out. Let me know about what time you think you would arrive on Thursday.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Chris

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris, when do the first activities get started friday? If its not til evening I could take off toward KC friday morning. If things get started earlier (friday afternoon) than I'd like to be there first thing.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The activities don't get started until around 5:00 or so on Friday (depart for the drag strip or start lining up for the baseball game). Plenty of time to scoot in from Goodland!

By the way, the registration form is now online:

http://kansascityvca.com/swzr.pdf

Hope to see LOTS of folks coming in!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang