Spare tire puzzler!

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So just popped into my head. Let's say you were driving along with your girl in your viper in a scarcly populated area and your huge rear tire goes flat. So you promptly and manly hop out and throw on the dainty spare. Then what do you do with that monster of a wheel? Does she have to hold it?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trunk of the RT/10 has two small metal strap loops and should have come with a long nylon strap. Look for picture in the owners manual to see how to place the wheel in the trunk and use the strap to secure the wheel to the metal loops. Obviously the trunk lid won't close.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we travel (trunk full to the max!), I take the spare out for that reason. More luggage space and no where to put flat tire. I do carry a tire plug kit just in case. :D

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Disclaimer needed - I believe the spare tire is an integral part of the integrity of the body in case of a crash.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it says in the owners manual that she follows behind the car rolling the old one. I'm not an owner though, so I could be wrong... :p

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Passenger seat is for extra tires? She gets a taxi? Just kidding, GTS fits a rear wheel right on top of the spare tire, Intake manifold, 4 brake rotors, airbox, coil springs, 3 rear axles, stock headers and front bends with flex, front & rear wheel with tires, car cover and many other Viper stock parts fit into my modified '01 GTS for the drive from Ohio to BC when I bought it. I didn't have room for the Nitrous bottle (which I never received) and the other 2 tires and wheels (which were shipped to me a couple months later).
You must be registered for see images

That's the reason I bought ONLY a GTS. It even fits the wife's 2 suitcases and shoe bags for a 2 week trip!!! We even have all the hatch room for coming home with souveneirs.

Ted

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider carrying a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk next to the spare.... I do.

I had the misfortune of being it the position described a year or so ago. Lesson learned...

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dosen't fix a flat wreak the tire so it can't be properly balanced or are you figuring the tire is toast anyway?

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fix-a Flat can be cleaned out of the tire but ... Yeah, the tire may be toast. Obviously, it's your call depending on where you are who's with you and how full is the trunk?

J

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disclaimer needed - I believe the spare tire is an integral part of the integrity of the body in case of a crash.

This is 100% true. I believe the Wizard himself told me this earlier this summer. The spare tire must be kept in the trunk because it is part of the rear crumple section.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32