Spark Plug Wire Install?

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen III Viper seems to be a PITA for changing plugs and wires :(. Read a couple threads where members were able to change their spark plug wires without disassembling anything? I can't fit my hand under the intake manifold to pull off the plugs:dunno: Am I missing something here?

Does anyone have a detailed write-up on torque specs and what exactly needs to be removed?

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to be a VCA member to access the referenced Illustrated Guide. Why not put that on your holiday shopping list?

And I think you have to pull the intake. I think.

And I also think the write up is Gen 2. We don't have to pull our intakes.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will need to pull the plenum off to get at the spark plugs. Also you can reuse the intake gasket, but at $30 odd dollars I would just replace the gasket. It's really not that hard of a job. Jut looks hard.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need to pull the plenum off to get at the spark plugs. Also you can reuse the intake gasket, but at $30 odd dollars I would just replace the gasket. It's really not that hard of a job. Jut looks hard.

You could have thrown in a sales plug there.

You didn't. :2tu:

I like that. It's kind of, well, all the satisfied customers that have purchased your wires, do your advertising for you!

Sooooooooooooo, Izover4u, who's wires you puttin' on that thing?

:eater:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only illustration is by AB but the pics no longer work.

You have to be a VCA member to access the referenced Illustrated Guide. Why not put that on your holiday shopping list?

And I think you have to pull the intake. I think.

And I also think the write up is Gen 2. We don't have to pull our intakes.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab, you have to pull the plenum off to get at the spark plugs? I don't think they have anything to do with each other. Did you mean spark plug WIRES? One could change the spark plugs without touching the plenum (intake manifold).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper