Speaker (center) replacement for 99 RT/10

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The middle speaker in my 1999 RT/10 is making ugly noises. I need to replace it but Dodge tells me that it is not a Dodge part and I need to contact Alpine. The local Alpine dealer gave me a part number, SBS05DC, but the picture of it on the web site does not look like the right one.

Has anyone replaced this speaker? Advice? Thanks.

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My center speaker $uck$ too, I was at a Car Toys today, they sell several replacement speakers that will fit, I think I am going to replace the amp as well and go with a higher end speaker system. I have already upgraded the head unit to the Pioneer Nav unit and love the looks but the factory speakers do need to go.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Actually the separates in the doors are 6 1/2". The two speakers between the seats are actually 6" subwoofers. In my research, JL Audio was the only one to offer a 6" woofer. Mine is a '95 but my assumption is that they're the same?? I bought Alpine separates for the doors (included tweeters) and the JL subs between the seats. Now I can cruise at 80 mph with the top off and still hear the music, nice and crisp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS