Speaker question....any help?

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright im gonna rewire my whole car w/ all new components and i was just wondering how to take out the door tweeters? can someone give me a hand?... and where is the best location to run the wires? through the sidesills? (do they come off easily, or are there any tricks to them?) or thru the center console? thanks a lot

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am guessing you have an RT. If you remove the three or four screws from the panel the interior door should just fall in your lap. Watch the seatbelt. You will have easy access to the tweeter from the rear of the panel.

The mount on the tweeter is flimsy, so be easy when taking the panel down.

I have heard of guys running the RCA's through the floor carpet along the sill. I haven't done it myself so you may want to defer to someone with more experience.

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i replaced the door tweeters with the Momo polk system , i silicone glued them in place, i also ran all my wires through the boot in the front of the door to the center where the radio goes and down the center console up to the rear behind the seats , this is where i mounted my amp and crossovers.

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you have to take the door pannel off to get the stock tweeters out? or could u get it out from the front?

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also put the matching 100 watt Momo/polk , the magnet in the back is about the size of the spare tire so it took some surgery to install it but the sound is incredible . If you have not installed a complete system befor you may want to get some help and just dont replace the tweeters . i replaced everything including my two rear speakers and made a cabinet for a subwoofer and a 500 watt JL amp . It was a major production