Speaker recomendations for a '00 RT/10

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speaker recomendations for a \'00 RT/10

My buddys girlfriend contacted me and wants to upgrade his stock sound system as a Christmas present. She doesn't have gobs of money to throw at the system. So we thought that a speaker upgrade would be a good place to start.
I know some of you have upgraded your speakers and I would like to know what fits well.
The door speakers are a little tricky as I found out with my GTS. Hard to find something decent that mounts flush with the grills in place.
Would prefer to keep it around $400.
Thanks

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Speaker recomendations for a \'00 RT/10

Hey I replaced my 00RT/10 door speakers with clarion 6.5" using the stock holes for the screws and stock grill.

As for the subwoofer I replaced mine it no longer worked with another 6.5" clarion speaker (4 speakers-one extra) Cost around 250$ which included labour..

I left the stock components.

Sounds a lot better with just replacing the speakers.

JLAudio sells a 6.5" subwoofer if you want to install a sub

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As far as bang for the buck in car audio. The best money you can spend is to change the head unit. Most OE systems have poor EQ settings in the head unit and amps. You will notice a big difference when you change the head unit.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score

how hard is it to change to an aftermarket head unit. I heard its a din system and aftermarket is rca and then you have to do something with the amp and antenna etc...

I heard theres no harness and that you have to splice into the existing wires???

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes the head unit is connected to the amp via a DIN cable. You would be better off changing the amp at the same time. That way it would be RCA all around. The rest of the connections would be straight forward.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or you can make a din to RCA adapter like i did on mine.....

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score

can't you just buy an adapter
how do you make one is it hard,

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I added a alpine CDA headunit, FOCAL speakers (which sound GREAT), a 4 channel alpine amp, and a 8" diamond footwell sub box and my system sounds AWESOME. I do not have the center speaker hooked up. BUT this cost me well over 450 bucks lol.
I think some nice Focal component speakers would sound awesome.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys.
I know once he gets the speakers replaced, he'll want to do the head unit and amp soon after.
Ya the stock sound system is poor. A simple crossover would be an improvement so that all the speakers aren't trying to play all frequency ranges.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The stock tweeters have a crossover in line. If you call a capacitor a crossover then they have one.

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score

6.5" Infinity Perfects in the doors sound excellent. You can find some deals on Ebay for new speakers for 50% off the retail price. In time it is wise to replace the head unit and add a new amp.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang