Speaker size

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant promise the speakers are the same size in an 02' as they are in a 96', but my 96' Snake has 6.5" speakers in the doors and console. As for replacements, i'm gonna go with Sony Xplod 4 ways. I'm told they have a great ability to handle bass. If you're going to add bigger amps, woofers, etc. you may wanna go with Alpine speakers. But if you're just going to upgrade the factory speakers, go with Sony

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I have a Gen I but it takes 6 1/2's all around (doors and sub). I have 2 pairs of Infinity Perfects (components) in each door and 2 focals (sub) between the driver and passenger seat. If your interested in the Infinity Perfects they retail for ~$600 but you can find them on ebay for under $200. They sound crystal clear, but require 100 watts RMS (continuos power), therefore it is necessary to run a good amp. I have 2 infinity reference amps which are great thus far. Both amps are mounted on the floor of the trunk under plexi glass. Looks sweet. BTW those speakers sound just as good as many high end MB Quarts ($800) and focal high end ($1,100 a pair) component systems. Thats just my two cents.

As far as the sub woofer goes the focals hit, but I have yet to figure out where to put something bigger to get more bass.

I have a pioneer deck, but from what everyone has told me sony is the way to go.

Rewiring this thing has been my weekend project for several weeks. Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've upgraded the head unit and left the speakers stock, and gained a noticable improvement in sound quality - the new head unit is a Pioneer (AVIC-N1). I had upgraded the head unit in my previous Viper, but used an Alpine head unit, and didn't notice a sound improvement - don't know if it was the difference in years, or if the Pioneer units overall just sound better than Alpine.

So, if you've not upgraded the head unit, you might try that first before going the speakers and amps route.