Special cars found

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 GTS Blue/White car #540 38 miles on it. All plastic still in place and never driven other than delivery. Perfect car! Guy wants 63k Also 1994 RT/10 Red with A/C under 1500 miles on it. He wants 38k.Call me at (816)729-3927 if any interest. Mike Anderson @ Anderson Motorsports.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price on the B&W 96 seems reasonable to me.
Watch the B&W club say it should be worth $163k. ;-)

OP
OP
M

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think the 96 seemed that high to me either. It has been titles which hurts it some but for a collector the miles are very low. What do you guys feel the 94 is worth?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike do you remember when Rocket Ryck found that 1996 with 12 miles? It was on MSO and they would not take 100k !!!

Man...I would buy it. But I can't justify two Vipers right now. My next Viper will most likely be a Blue/White. 38 miles!!! WOW.

But if I bought a 1996 with that low of mileage. I would hate to drive it.

Has the car been started on a regular basis? I would want ALL ALL ALL documentation. Window sticker must be in place with Tech delivery card. All dealer paperwork and sales receipts. All this TP will make the car more valuable in 20 years.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price on the B&W 96 seems reasonable to me.
Watch the B&W club say it should be worth $163k. ;-)

Come on Joe you know it's at least $164k.. ;)

Actually, both prices seem reasonable.

OP
OP
M

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, This car belongs to a DR. that has several cars. Ray from the KC club tried to buy this car last year and the Doc would not sell. He has numerous cars and is thinking of retiring and knew that I was involved in these cars and asked me to sell them as a favor. All the paper work is with the car. The window sticker is still glued to the pass side windshield and the bar code sticker with the vin# is at the base of the drivers side windshield. The tech sign off sheet is in the front seat. He even has the original poster announcing VOI still in the tube and never opened that was mailed to everyone owning a viper that year. This car has been started on a regular basis. Kept in a heated and A/c controled environment with about 6 other cars including the 94. I started the 96 and let it run up to temp and then looked it over for leaks. This car is as new as new can be REALLY. Both cars have been under covers also. This is a great car for someone that desires the Blue/White color combination. Jerry I'm leaving town but your only 45 minutes away, come up and see this car, it's worth the drive just to say you've seen one this nice.

OP
OP
M

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry I forgot to mention. The carpets are still covered by plastic as well as the seats and the gear shift knob. The plastic that covered the steering wheel for dilivery is the only thing I didn't see. It might be in the back area but I didn't see it.

Twosnakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Mike,
Talk to us about ordering the GT (Ford, bad word).
My local dealers are in the dark about the car, They are not sure how much add on they want. $$$( DC was nice to their customers.)
I have enough Vipers and I need a GT (My Grade School dream car !!)

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twosnakes,
GT's are going for MSRP +$60k or more now, with MSRP at $139,500. They're all over Ebay. I wonder if prices will go up or down once the cars are in production? This is similar to the premium Ferrari 360's were bringing when they came out. Ferrari dealers, however, could not sell a new car over MSRP. A slightly used 360 could be sold for what the market would bear.

OP
OP
M

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twosnakes,
I am a Ford Dealer as well as a Viper freak. Kind of wierd isn't it. Anyway, the Ford GT is a very limited car. I am a mid sized to large dealer and I will only get one maybe two but most likely one, and thats next year. The going price today is anywhere from 60k over to 250k over list. Base list is $139,995 and a loaded car (only 3 options) painted stripes, bigger stereo, and premium wheels, drive the car up to $150,000. The dealers are paying at least $50,000 over list to eachother. The cheapest that I've been priced myself was $250,000 for a loaded car. In time the price will fall. The dealers can only floor these cars (finance them) with Ford Motor Credit for 5 days from delivery. The majority of the cars unless they bring huge money will stay in the dealers hands. Thats why Ford Motor Credit won't floor them. They want the cars retailed and reported so that it shows the cars are selling. If the dealers floor them and keep them the sales history will show the car was a flop when actually it wasn't. Was that clear? Any way. This is a much harder deal than the 92 Viper was and I'm a dealer. I'm leaving town for Easter but feel free to e-mail me or call me at the above number at the beginning of the post and I'll answer all the questions that I can. As big as Woodhouse is I've been told they got 3. One for sale and 2 to keep. It truly will be a cool car I just question for how much!

Mike Anderson

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What did that low mi. 94 just sell for on ebay? It was recently discussed here on VCA with the heading "ebay really works". Anyone remember the price and the appx mi.?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Apparently Olathe Ford is getting two GTs? They are asking $300k each. I am sure a Royals or Chiefs player will have no problem laying down the cash. Thats only a few minutes of play on the field.

I am loosing sleep over this blue and white 96. Do you take bad checks? How about a bus load of strippers?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I am loosing sleep over this blue and white 96. Do you take bad checks? How about a bus load of strippers?

Mike, you know Jerry is good for a bus load of strippers maybe even two bus loads! I'd take that offer if I were you! Then call me and my wife over! :2tu:

You're giving out too much info on the Ford GT. Keep it quite. Your killing the little guys like me, who have one on order, with a contract in hand for less than $10k over sticker!!!

Both the cars you're selling are jewels! Good Luck selling. Someone will end up being the lucky, very happy owners of those cars!

Mike, I forgot to call you a show off for your list in your signature!

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed Mikes signature also. I thought he was on his 9th Viper. What a piece of work. All those Vipers being owned by a Ford dealer! That has got to say something for our cars.

Ryck, You need to buy that 96. Then you can have one stock and one for racing. I am telling you, that car is worth the money. I think it would bring 80k+ to a collector. Just imagine that car at the 2020 Barret Jackson auction with 37 miles on it! Who cares if its been driven when you have deep pockets and a spare Viper.

Mike has not taken me up on the strippers. He is married so I don't think his door swings backwards :)

PHILIP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I brought my 709 mile car on ebay at the end of last year for just over $38k the guy I brought it off paid $33k .

OP
OP
M

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,
I know your money is good!! Don't send the bus load of strippers, my wife wouldn't understand. Oh hell, I have lots of friends that might enjoy that, send them on!!! Your car awaits you!

OP
OP
M

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the response. The Blue/White GTS is sold and going to California. Thanks Mike

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I told you that car was worth more. Our worst enemy are some of the guys on this board. They want to low ball all the prices. The car you had was basically brand new off the truck. How many of these cars are left? True collectors will pay a PREMIUM for these type of cars. I said the car was worth 80k-100k+. You sold this car in five days! That tells you it's worth much more. I know you wanted a quick sale.

Philip, so you are telling us that you bought a Blue and White 1996 Viper GTS with 709 miles and only paid $38,000?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
38K, 33K?? 96 Blue/White GTS? No way. I've got swamp land to sell if that is true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine