Special Thank You Regarding Niagara Trip

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Niagara gathering is one of the larger gatherings we've planned. While plans for the Niagara portion of the trip have been a huge success, the Wednesday caravan day has exploded into an event itself.

We were lucky enough to secure a huge privilege, being allowed to have a back door tour of a special warehouse Chrysler has. Cars not before seen by club members, generations of old vehicles for us to peruse, all in one place for only us to see. We're having buses cart us around so the morning is relaxed and enjoyable. Then after that we have the picnic at Ralph and Doris Gilles house. Another great privilege that will include VIP's, special vehicles, house tour, free lunch, and more. What a time.

This day alone has grown to over 100 people in attendance! (This was actually the initial estimate for the entire Niagara trip before we doubled it!). Ralph's gonna need a bigger house. Many people are caravanning from the south and west (even some coming back from the east) to enjoy this day. We've even gone so far as to setup tents, get raffle items, a banner signing, and special aerial photo of the whole group and their cars.

I say all of this because as the vision came to fruition (and went beyond) a few folks stepped up to help make this not only possible, but better than I intended. They deserve a special note because it became impossible to accommodate so many folks without the financial support of a few key folks. I'd like to acknowledge the groups who are making that Wednesday gathering possible and enjoyable for so many people. Several of these vendors (along with the IL VCA) have contributed THOUSANDS of dollars to pay for buses, tents, food, raffle items, etc... Kudos to our sponsors:

Parts Rack - Jon Brobst
Prefix - Ron Batt
On Track Insurance - Steve Katz
Details By D - Doris Gilles
IL VCA

You can thank them in the same way I have, give them business! In this economy, it meant a lot for these folks to step up.

Jon Borbst always gives the best prices and is invaluable when it comes to new/used Viper parts and knowledge (yes, even on Monday). Prefix cranks out some astounding stuff (I love my Snakeskin stripes). Steve has been in contact with many people in our club regarding racing insurance for the track. Doris just started an event planning business and I can tell you given the work we've done together - she knows her stuff and puts her special touch on it. And of course our club has benefitted from hundreds of charity banners we've sold over the last few years to all the different club regions. All these groups are a critical part to our Viper community.

So give thanks by keeping all these groups in mind. Especially those who are doing the Wednesday caravan event and ultimately the Niagara trip... these people made a big difference. Thumbs up to you all.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant wait to be there :2tu: excellent work - as always Alex :2tu: