Speeding probation cut in half !!!!

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D I got a ticket just over a year ago for doin 101 in a 50. (country road..no traffic) After pulling a few strings with some people I know and securing an attorney...I got off with 2 years probation, SIS, and a small fine. After 1 year of perfect driving :D my attorney sent a letter to the judge and asked for early release of my probation. The judge granted it!! I didn't know you could do that..but you can. So I wanted to pass the info along!! BTW, I didn't buy a V1 until after the ticket..not too smart. :confused:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D I got a ticket just over a year ago for doin 101 in a 50. (country road..no traffic) After pulling a few strings with some people I know and securing an attorney...I got off with 2 years probation, SIS, and a small fine. After 1 year of perfect driving :D my attorney sent a letter to the judge and asked for early release of my probation. The judge granted it!! I didn't know you could do that..but you can. So I wanted to pass the info along!! BTW, I didn't buy a V1 until after the ticket..not too smart. :confused:

You 'got off' with 2 years probation, SIS and a fine. WOW what would you have received if you didn't pull a few strings? I got caught at 108 in a 55 and paid a ticket with no atty.

BTW the valentine does nothing for Instant On radar. Mine didn't make a peep until AFTER the cop had locked onto my speed.

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You 'got off' with 2 years probation, SIS and a fine. WOW what would you have received if you didn't pull a few strings? I got caught at 108 in a 55 and paid a ticket with no atty.

My purpose was to do anything to not get points. That's why we opted for probation and SIS.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got caught on my bike doing 126 in a 35, I got off with nothing because the cop flipped out and said he was going to kill me LOL,because i was endangering people,I said what ****** people its 4 in the f'n morning only people out here and me and your dumb a$$.

Needless to say he was pisst and said all kinds of things and I got away with nothing, except they had to tow my bike home ($85) because i had no license and he couldent let me drive home.

If he dident flip as bad as he did i would have been screwed.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I didn't buy a V1 until after the ticket..not too smart.
I beg to differ. I think radar detectors lull you into a false sense of security. I've never owned one and don't plan to. I prefer speeding in known places where the visibility is good and there are no hiding places for cops (or trucks entering the road). Daytime is also preferred to the night. I've never got any speeding tickets in the Viper.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My purpose was to do anything to not get points. That's why we opted for probation and SIS.

You are actually saying that to avoid points on your license you asked for probation? I am at a loss since the law I know in FL and NY if while on probation you violate by doing something as little as going out of the county without permission and they find out you can be immediately remanded to prison.

Probation as I understand it is done as an alternative to jail. I think either I or you is not understanding. Is this the probation you 'asked' for?

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some states, depending on what you do, the "probation" period isn't like a jail probation where you can't go out of the state/county. It just means you can't receive another moving violation until that probation is over.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In texas that's called defered adjudication (sp?). I tried it years ago when a cop pulled me over for "failure to use turn signals" when some old lady coming off an "on"ramp tried to run me over on my bike.
If you get another ticket during your "probation" you pay for the original ticket and the new one, wasting the court fees that you paid to have this option. In Texas, you must have a perfect record and a somewhat "bogus" ticket to do this.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over 100 mph and you guys actually stop ?

LOL yea when you relize you just passed an unmarked car when they are in the slow lane NOT going much slower than you are at about 100 MPH, and as soon as you go by you see em swing out on ya, and when you remember they have those pesky cop helicopters at their disposal on the FL turnpike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas