Split Second Fuel Programmer for Supercharger Question

ceokris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A while ago I purchased a Split Second PSC1-002E for my '97 dodge viper, along with the Air Fuel ratio meter and an MSD timing boost retard. I think the PSC1-002E will replace my stock MAP sensor from what I understand, so I have to program in my own values. Does anyone have a baseline fuel map I can work off from? Most everyone in the kit business I talk too are not being very nice, like it's a "secret" recipe or something. I'll dial it in one way or another, it'll take me about a month and several weeks at the track unless anyone is willing to help.

My supercharger is a Procharger DSC1 counter rotating, mounted almost like the Paxton, but I don't have to mess with any oil lines:) whoohoo! And nothing is chrome.

So far total cost including supercharger and intercooler: $3550. But I went through the painful process of making my own brackets and so on.. All the hard parts are done. It's cheap, but probably doesn't pass EPA requirements:( So I'm not interested in selling a kit or being responsible for blowing up anyone elses viper. When I'm complete and everything seems to be going okay, I'll help out anyone else which wants to attempt my route.

The only part that's left is getting this fuel calibrator baselined before hooking up the belt.

Thanks in advance.
-kris

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a baseline for the split second but I have a paxton with 50cc injectors and a monster fuel system.
Id bet the car would start as long as you monitored it with the wideband.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason knows all about those - but expecting someone to give you an entire baseline map for free when they make their living out of tuning is a bit rich. What would be fair would be to take it to a tuner and pay the little it would cost to have them set it up for you and then you can learn the settings in case you later change something and can try retuning yourself. my 2 cents

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kris,
Getting a base tune from someone else probably won't help anyway. You won't need the msd boost retard, the split sec box has a timing map,
which is why it's useful. It does replace your stock map sensor. Are you using stock injectors? Anyway, the conservative (best) way to tune this is to set up all the cells to max richness
above 1psi or so, and start leaning it out as you go.

Not sure of your background, so here's the best tuning advice you can get --->
Don't waste your time with a regular a/f gauge (it's really just a lean or rich idiot light and that's how you should use it)
buy the techedge or other wideband O2 sensor or else your guessing which can get expensive.
I have the split sec box on my TT but it really is clunky to use - I'm swapping to the AEM as soon as it's available.

good luck,
Dave.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang