Spray on temp bug shield

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have any of you heard of this stuff or have any exprence with it?

It's some kind of spray on coating to protect from bugs and rocks but easily washes off. If it works as stated it'd be nice for long road trip or even track days.

Dupli Color - Shield

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PAM is what my momma used to keep eggs from sticking in the skillet.
Works on bugs.
Safe for paint.

3-M makes a soap-water soluable "Spray mask" as used in striping the SRT10 !! Works great, but more expensive than PAM. I suspect Duplicolor is the same stuff.
Niether helps rocks.....just bugs and tire-turds

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Griot's spray-on coating at the track and love it. I'm just wondering if this is the 3M product in disguise.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some product at Griotsgarage. its a spray on coating that you can make as thick as you like. Peels off when you want to remove it. Took it for a test ride 150 miles. Pealed it off when I got there perfect. Here is the link http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=20264
Canyon, did you actually use this stuff? I too have been wondering about these products and it is a great idea in theory and have heard that they work excellent but never actually talked to somebody that actually used them to confirm.

Did you try it on your sills or just the bumper/hood?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the Griots product, it's on sale for $12.99/can. I'll report my results, though it does seem a little shaky spraying that stuff on such an expensive car! I'll let someone else try it on the sills, seems like the extreme temps could be an issue.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canyon, did you actually use this stuff? I too have been wondering about these products and it is a great idea in theory and have heard that they work excellent but never actually talked to somebody that actually used them to confirm.

Did you try it on your sills or just the bumper/hood?

I did use it. I took a ride to Monterey Ca from Napa for a car show I sprayed it on and when I left when I got there I peeled it off. My only thoughts are I think you need to spray on a few passes the reason is it comes off easier. If its to thin it's peels like a sunburn not a bannana. It did work great I must admit I sprayed my fron spoiler and no bugs no chips.
:2tu:

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used the Griots stuff as well. It works well. The other idvice I'd give is to make sure to mask so you get good clean lines to peal and avoid overspray because it's kind og a pain to get all of the little dots off.

I agree with thick application.