Spring Clean up

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
February 12 of this year it was a beautiful sunny day about 50 degrees and the roads were clear of snow and ice. I had the FEVER pretty bad so I took the Viper out for a small drive. Cruisin around 45 MPH making with a slight bend in the road the car spins totally out of control and throws me into a snowbank. I new my tires were old and had planned on getting new PS2's in the spring. Since I was not driving agressively I did not think there would be a problem.
For those of you Viper owners who have old tires, please take the advice from everyone regarding old tires and replace them. I now have PS2's and what a difference. Should have done it day one.

Well, the snowbank managed to peel a large portion of the paint from the lower section of the front nose. So last week I took it to body shop and had them repaint it. While it was there, I asked them to take the side sills off and then took the car to the local Exhaust shop and had them remove the Cats. Wow, what a difference. Now I have no cats or mufflers, just resonator and it sounds and runs awesome. No CEL either.

Took it back to the body shop where they reassembled the car and figured while I am doing paint I might as well get stripes so off to the local vinyl shop where we put stripes on. Since the Vinyl shop also does Car Stereo I had them put in new door speakers.

Michelin PS2's - $1700
Fresh nose paint - $580 (includes side sill removal\installation)
Cat removal and new chome tips - $120
10 year high gloss Vinyl stripes - $350
Hifonics 6.5 door speakers - $100

Looking, Feeling, Sounding like a new car. - Priceless!

While the car was getting stripes a husband and wife walked up to me and asked about the Viper. They were Corvette owners. The usual banter back and forth ensued that occurs when Corvette owners walk up. His wife could not take her eyes off the car. I asked her if she would like to sit in it and she quickly said yes. I wish I had a camera to take the expression that she had on her face sitting behind the wheel. She got out and said "I Love this way more than YOUR vette!"

Another Pricless moment.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice looking!!!

DO keep an eye on your cooling system...especially the level in the pressure bottle and the level in the overflow bottle in the nose since any trauma to the nose can push a fastener into the bottom of overflow bottle, gradually draining your coolant over time. I would fill those bottles to correct levels now...and check them before and after each run for awhile.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great Scott! Let me know if/when you want some professional shot's of that thing!! My wife will take care of you very well :D. She is going to be doing mine in the next few days/weeks.