Squeaks and rattles?

fastfun42

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have decided to sell my corvette and buy a new viper. I have a friend with an 04 so I have been in one and driven it several times. I'm concerned with the car developing squeaks and rattles as the miles add up. My friends car only has 3k miles and is very tight, but that is the only viper I have been in. Do these cars age well?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have worked for three years to keep my car to stop from ALL of the rattles and I have not won yet but have made a HUGE difference. Problem is that I have a GEN II so mine is a little bit more noisy. From what I have experienced driving plenty of SRT-10's, they are best for no rattles and comfort level. I would assume that the coupe would be the most rattle free but the convertible has a rag top so you should be fine. Good luck with your choice.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Almost 15K miles- Nothing.

I have found to avoid squeaks/rattles, every 10K miles, go through and check suspension for loose bolts, Lube all ball joints, lube Window Tracks, Door/Trunk/Hood Hinges, all Latches, and most importantly, wipe down all rubber weatherstripping with a rag soaked in Silicone Lubricant.