Squeaky pads

thegreenhornet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys and gals my 08 has squeaky parking brake pads just changed them bout 2000 miles ago problem came back anyone else seen this ?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Daves BBK on my GTS and I'm having the same issue. Is there anyway to fix it? I've adjusted the pads but I still get noise. It might just be my Hawks pads in the rear calipers and not the parking brake? Thanks!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its the brake pads doing this- ditch them,replace or machine the rotors and properly bed the brakes, once they sweek they are done- allways will sweek for the most part of rule

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its the brake pads doing this- ditch them,replace or machine the rotors and properly bed the brakes, once they sweek they are done- allways will sweek for the most part of rule

My pads and rotors were brand new when I put them on. I have a bottle of B&G stop squeal, but I haven't used it yet. Maybe that will help?

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a squeaking brake problem with a non Viper car and the cure was a special silicone to put on the back (steel side) of brake pad. It was a kind of rubber glue to stop the vibration of metal to metal that was causing the vibration squeal.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you dont properly bed the brakes, this sqeel crap can happen- once this happens your done on getting them to quit most of the times until you replace the pad,replace or machine rotors,and properly bed the brakes

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SRT10 E-Brake pads URGENT!

hey guys and gals my 08 has squeaky parking brake pads just changed them about 2000 miles ago problem came back anyone else seen this ?

URGENT NOTE to ALL SRT10 OWNERS. Really. The topic is SRT10 E-Brake pads. Period. Here is the frequent, recurring, "invisible" problem:

An very high number of SRT-10 E-Brake calipers are hanging-sticking the hidden, INSIDE brake pad in that E-caliper. This is a caliper-cable adjuster issue. Unfortunately, unless you notice the ROTOR HEAT, or some squeak, you are also not noticing that the inside of the rotor may be getting ground prematurely by the pad, or the bare backing plate !!!! HIDDEN FROM EASY VIEW. The OP above obviously has an 08 E-caliper issue which MAY STILL BE UNDER WARRANTY..............

I have "warned" many of our customers of this, and their routine investigation revealed a pending metal-to-metal issue. I have spoken to Dan Cragin, and his experience matches ours.

The next time you have a chance, peek to the INSIDE of your rear rotors, and check it out. If/When you find 50% of your inside E-pads worn, you can SWAP the E-pads, inner-to-outer, to prolong the E-pads life. The outside E-pad almost never wears out.

This can be very expensive especially with ACR-2pc rotors, eaten by a $100 set of E-brake pads! Please, do not ignore your INNER E-BRAKE PADS if you own an SRT10..... [Other Years/Models NOT affected]

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 08 n 09 right rear e brake has done this from new.one of those silly things i ignor. Can u imagine takeing it back for warranty unless its one of the smart viper dealers. Scary stuff.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My 08 n 09 right rear e brake has done this from new....one of those silly things i ignor. Can u imagine takeing it back for warranty unless its one of the smart viper dealers. Scary stuff.

Exactly my point....COMMON and IGNORED.

The bigger issue is the potential of unseen inner rear rotor damage if/when the dragging E-pad eats that hidden rotor face.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT10 E-Brake pads URGENT!

URGENT NOTE to ALL SRT10 OWNERS. Really. The topic is SRT10 E-Brake pads. Period. Here is the frequent, recurring, "invisible" problem:

An very high number of SRT-10 E-Brake calipers are hanging-sticking the hidden, INSIDE brake pad in that E-caliper. This is a caliper-cable adjuster issue. Unfortunately, unless you notice the ROTOR HEAT, or some squeak, you are also not noticing that the inside of the rotor may be getting ground prematurely by the pad, or the bare backing plate !!!! HIDDEN FROM EASY VIEW. The OP above obviously has an 08 E-caliper issue which MAY STILL BE UNDER WARRANTY..............

I have "warned" many of our customers of this, and their routine investigation revealed a pending metal-to-metal issue. I have spoken to Dan Cragin, and his experience matches ours.

The next time you have a chance, peek to the INSIDE of your rear rotors, and check it out. If/When you find 50% of your inside E-pads worn, you can SWAP the E-pads, inner-to-outer, to prolong the E-pads life. The outside E-pad almost never wears out.

This can be very expensive especially with ACR-2pc rotors, eaten by a $100 set of E-brake pads! Please, do not ignore your INNER E-BRAKE PADS if you own an SRT10..... [Other Years/Models NOT affected]

Thanks Jon!! Thats good to know and I will look at mine this weekend at the track.