squeaky vibration noise top of windsheild help please?

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all! I finally got my car back from American Racing Tech in Buda with a centerforce clutch and fidenza alum f/w and new upper right control arm/right steering knuckle. Car drives much better now and I can see myself feeling better about going over 80mph now as it tracks in a straight line.

Above my head where the vert top meets the windsheild top at corner there has always been a narly noise while driving. Sometimes worse than others but today at about 55 degrees on hwy it was squeaky/sqwaky vibration noise like something rubbing together or like something needs to be inserted to seal an un-secure spot. Has anyone experienced this on their srt-10 verts? Prior to buying most former snake owners warned me about a fair amount of rattles, but it would be nice to know if anyone knows a fix to this b/c its starting to get on my nerves. Thanks for the feedback:)

Tom

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not my idea but using silicone or even tire dressing on the corner contact points works very well. Put in the hole were the vert top connects to the windshield.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep,also u can use corn starch on ur rubber seals(lightly apply)so it doesnt wear the seals in time,very good lub for auto rubber seals for friction.

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sprayed 3m silicone into male/female parts that connect vert top to header and worked like a charm. Yahoo no more annoying sqwaks/squeeks/vibrations. Thanks again for the tip.

Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi