SRT-10: 0 ... Porsche Carrera S: -4

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so how can the Porsche possibly have a negative score? Skill points baby:

The day was beautiful here yesterday (and promises more of the same today) and we decided to take the SRT out for lunch. Threw the top down afterwards and was headed home when I notice a very sleek-looking Porsche Carrera S bobbing and weaving in traffic behind me. New car with dealer tags and undoubtedly modded a bit - the exhaust was MUCH louder than I have ever heard on a Porsche. So he buzzes up next to me and starts revving. Then he takes off. And promptly puts the car SIDEWAYS and almost takes out a car next to him (three lanes) and then almost runs up the curb! Immediate deduction of five points for skill.

Totally embarrassed, he now wants a piece of the Viper SOOO bad: He kept revving (damn near redlining) and swerving towards me from the side. Got behind me a couple times and rode a few inches off the bumper - while I yawned. What was really strange was that he would NEVER look towards me even once. A creepy looking little guy in a suit - probably a salesperson from the dealership.

So, we finally catch a light in the private test area ( ;) ) side by side. Light turns green and off he goes - this time with the traction control on. Cold pavement, winter salt/sand residue, runflats, and 504 rear wheel torque left me sitting there until I could finally move the dang car at around 1400 RPM's. By now Creepy Crappy Driver is an easy three car lengths up. Enter a bone-headed Mustang GT from the pits (in my lane, of course), and I never caught up. Being the polite guy that I am, I gave the Porsche guy a nice wave as he turned off (he actually did a U-turn at that point), while he continued to ignore me. Oh well.

All I ask for now is warmer weather, warmer pavement, and ANY tires besides runflats. Throw in a switchable GD traction control system (just like the Porsche beat me with) and I wouldn't have sulked all the way home... :p

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That creepy guy in the suit wasn't the owner but a **** thrashing some owners car about before bringing it back to the dealership. You had no worries at all as the challenge will never happen again from that dirtbag. You kept your head up and for that the ACTUAL Score was Chris and his VCA Special: 1 Non-Owning dirtbag salesman: -10000000

GAME OVER

Jay K.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not like you would have lost anyways.

so who cares.

I just feel bad for the guy who really owns that car.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<-----------------wussy------------------

But don't get overconfident when that same wussy blows your doors off at the drag strip without traction control - 60' time and all! :2tu:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here. Card carrying member of team wussy.

Otherwise, glad to hear you are enjoying your Viper in early February. Lucky you!

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers should get a defeatable traction control. If you can shut it off why would anyone be opposed to it?

Th only reason I have tracked my Z06 is because I know these "nannies" can save me from walking home after the event.

Dock (Atlanta)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New car with dealer tags and undoubtedly modded a bit - the exhaust was MUCH louder than I have ever heard on a Porsche.

I doubt the 997S was modified.

Porsche really improved the stock exhaust on the 997 and 997S.