SRT-10 air cond,,,again.

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The air conditioning on my SRT-10 either does not work properly or it *****! I checked all the correct fuses and there fine. I followed the instructions in the manual carefully but again, the air is not that cold coming from the vents. I think it should be around 40 deg. Any suggestions?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not take it to the dealership? It is under warranty...

OP
OP
C

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi aspviper, I will eventually take it to the dealership. Just not sure which one yet. I'll take it to our next meeting and see if one of the guy's can figure it out. I trust them alot more then a dealership! Thanks for your input.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished my break-in and guess what doesn't work... POS! (yea I read the manual) I think the air on my 96' went out about 27 times when I had it. I can see if you leave the air on and go through the gears, you're doing it to yourself... but during BREAK-IN and not traveling over 4k RPM.... ***

I assume Dodge got wise and has wired the compressor to shut off at WOT... right?

Anyone try to pull the battery cable and reconnect... I don't have a engine light... Just wondering....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the yellow light next to the a/c button light up? I feel kind of dumb but yesterday, the first time I wanted to use the a/c I forgot that the SRT needs to have the a/c button depressed to work. Just selecting the a/c position on the rotary selector (a/c max) doesn't do it. Just a thought. Don't kill me if you have already tried it.

OP
OP
C

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My A/C light does come on and I have the fan position on high and still no A/C. A few other members checked it out and we concluded that the compressor is not coming on? It could be one of the fuses but they look ok.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and get it checked out. Probably something simple. My 2000 GTS had every single component replaced on it and it still didn't work after a couple weeks. Finally traced it down to a bad seal on the lower hose. Replaced the entire hose (had to) and it worked perfectly ever since.

Sorry to hear of your woes, but it happens. There are bound to be failures of certain system on certain cars no matter how well they are built. Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Toyota - they all have a car or two that will have the A/C go out or something else. Get it checked and fixed by a reputable dealer and let us know what the fix was.

Chris

OP
OP
C

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Chris. It probably is low coolant due to a leak somewhere. You right, this things do happen. I'll let you know what the fix was but it won't be for a few weeks. Business/pleasure trips.