SRT-10 Conv. Top

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started to use a lint brush to clean mine. Seems to catch every possible piece of lint from a towel. I was also wondering what people are doing to prevent the top from stretching over time and to reduce abrasion between the top and the trunk lid when the top is down (most of the time).

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd use soap. with water. and a big ole brush. The canvas shouldn't need any special maintenance. Chemicals usually hurt more than help. Hopefully somone will come out with a cover for the wide open ends and it will include a thin section to act like a smooth buffer between the top and decklid. When you hit a bump, the top likes to shift back and forth (slightly) so a smooth surface would be best...I think.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing for lint is the small rollers with masking tape on them that are used for clothing. You use it once and then peal off the first layer of precut tape. You can get them at most dry cleaners. As for the washing, I have always used water only (unless real dirty) and dry with a BLACK towel.

I found on an older top that armerall (sp?) worked great to bring out the black color. Most likely not the best thing for fabric - but it did the job.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree with Sir Fang the best thing to use is a lint roller with masking tape. Also a black towel is useful because the lint is not as visible.

OP
OP
C

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guy's for all your great suggestions. As usual Viper owners help each other out. Really appreciate it!!!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only use clear water to wash the soft tops. To dry I use an Absorber chamois and do not rub it on the top. I just place it flat, let the water absorb and then move on to the next area of the top.
I also do not wash the tops every time I wash the Vipers. Usually I wash the car just to get the dust and light road dirt off and If the top is down or off, it doesn't really need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas