SRT/10 Drives at VOI- UPDATE

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As JonB points out, circumstances change...and I, for one, appreciate the attempt being made by VCA HDQ to find a solution to the smaller number of available SRT-10's for VOI.7.

I would also add that while I would LOVE to drive the new Viper at VOI.7, that is NOT the reason that Elaine and I are attending. VOI is a difficult event to describe...but it's really about Viper Folks getting together, trading ideas and stories, SEEING the aftermarket Stuff (BEFORE the UPS truck leaves it on one's doorstep),TALKING with the ORIGINATORS of the ideas and modifications, weighing "pro's and con's", and "playing Viper" off and on the track for days on end !!! As a matter of PERSONAL taste, I would NOT drive 300 miles to Nashville JUST to test drive ANY Viper short of an F-16 Viper (...or MAYBE an ORECA GTS-R).

Thanks, to D-C and the VCA for inviting us....can we start yet ???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VOI HQ says, in part:

"Our announcement to hold a raffle for those who want to drive the 2003 was meant as a planning tool. The raffle itself is not meant to exclude anyone, but rather allow us to appropriately schedule those attendees who want to drive the 2003. By holding a raffle and allowing attendees to "sign up" we are then working directly with the group of attendees who want to drive the vehicle and not assuming that every attendee wants to.

Essentially, the raffle gives us a sense of how many people are
interested and allows us the opportunity to maximize the driving
opportunities for that group.

The bottom line is that we will do everything possible to give all attendees that want to drive the new Viper the chance to do so. Much will depend on how many vehicles we can get on site and that final number has yet to be determined."
----------------------------------------