SRT-10 engine in BMW Z4 Coupe, but no space for oil filter

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply.

Any special brand for it?
Mobil 1 15W-50 because of the viscosity numbers and the published ZDDP level.

There are probably other manufacturers providing a formulation with similar properties. I see other "racing" oil formulations discussed on various forums.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mobil 1 15W-50 because of the viscosity numbers and the published ZDDP level.

There are probably other manufacturers providing a formulation with similar properties. I see other "racing" oil formulations discussed on various forums.
I do not look for a cheap one.
It should be reliable and used on track by many owners.

Are you sure about Mobil 1 15W-50 because in Germany it is sold for motor bikes only?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you live/drive in a cold climate on a regular basis, the 15W-50 might be a little thick until everything warms up, but I run it in mine all the time. It's definitely better for the track and I don't drive my car much in the cold.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure about Mobil 1 15W-50 because in Germany it is sold for motor bikes only?

I took a look at the Mobil German site , and sure enough, I see that they have something called Mobil 1 Racing 4T marketted for 4 cycle motorcycles. It is probably a different formulation or possibly a different marketing strategy? The USA version doesn't have "4T" in the name, and is definitely recommended for Viper high performance driving. I have seen many recommendations for 0W-40 Mobil 1. That has European certifications and also has high ZDDP levels. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/654810-Advice-of-Oil-Weight-for-ACR-and-track-use.

What is sold where you live could be different, though

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting project...be sure to check frame often for cracks...you're gonna need a lot more rubber...Motul is good racing oil...sponsor for the Viper Racing League and many guys incl me use it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang