SRT/10 Pac-NW VCA event. Driving / Riding Impressions. VERY LONG.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRT10:
I think I'm experiencing "de-ja vu".
grazy.gif
Haven't we been here before? Trips to the Detroit Auto Show, Woodwards Dream Cruise, ect, ect!!
devil.gif
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

supergrin.gif
Yes, don't adjust your computer monitor, you are experiencing deja vu. Just calling it like I see it. Looks like from your screen name you have a 2003 Viper on order. Congrats. Maybe you will see what I have been talking about when you take delivery and see people's reaction on the street when you drive it.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you who do not like the new Viper, and back your views up by saying that no one else liked the car or looked at it at car shows are most likely seeing your own opinions reflected in what you see and notice. I have been a big fan of the car from the very beginning, actually liked the original version better than the new "improved" version, and when I saw the car at shows there always seemed to be plenty of lookers oohing and aahing over the car. As for being able to get a good photo of the car because nobody was looking at it, I was able to get a good photo of the new GT-40 at the Chicago show as there were plenty of times nobody was looking at it, and everyone seems to think that car is God incarnate.

I would also be thrilled if the new car got less attention from passersby when I am out driving, I am purchasing the car for it's performance and because I find the appearance pleasing. I bought my last Viper because of the performance, somewhat in spite of it's appearance, and with a dislike of the people wanting to touch and swarm around my car. I prefer to keep a low profile.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any lack of interest in the SRT. When I was at the NYIAS, there was a line all the way down the stairs to the platform that the SRT was on. And I purposely went on a Tuesday morning so that the crowd would be less bustling.

I couldn't even get a picture of the car because it was always surrounded. The GT-40 had some onlookers too, but nowhere near as many as the SRT did. The Corvette/Z06 was sitting there with not a single person noticing.

When I talk to my friends (who are in general 'car folks') they all say that the SRT is real nice. I've heard more times than I can count that "I liked your GTS but it was kinda freaky looking and really hard to drive... the SRT just looks classy but still has great lines". I feel the same way.

So, I just don't see where all the comments come from comparing the car to a Stratus or a Camaro. No more than the GTS looks like a C3 Corvette! We can compare ANY two cars. The SRT looks NOTHING like any Camaro or S2000 - it's it's own car, and proud of it, IMO.

I don't think the SRT will get any less attention than the GTS. I mean, seriously, when you see the SRT on the street, it's low, wide, and one mean **** looking car. The car's reputation will preceed it and every 10 year old kid will jump up and down and go nuts over "oh my god mom look it's a new Viper!".

And if they don't? Oh well. I bought the car to please me. I honestly don't care what kids think of it, or what women think of it (I've got a great one thankyouverymuch), or what the ricers or the racers or the posers think. I'm sure i'll be happy with the *best viper yet*
smile.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobK898:
You should have been at the Alamo Mike.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I drop you off at the lemming farm on the way?
laugh.gif

j/k

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is still THE prototype driving impressions write-up on the SRT. This is the one I think about when I think about the car.

Just got off the phone with JonB today. I'm all pumped up AGAIN on the car after talking with him!

Thanks JonB!

Can we get someone else with an early delivery date to do the same?

Sam Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me tell you, I only got 40 miles on mine but in that span got every reaction in numbers and types as my OLD 97!!! What's the point in complaining about something thats done!!!
JonB your write up was something!!!!!THX

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960