SRT/10 Race Air Kit

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
229racekit.jpg

This is the Race Air Kit from TNT. This is what got 26+ hp.
Dean

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean

Any idea what is different from this setup and the other ones (essentially just filters) that only yielding 5-7 hp.

Are these the #'s your car dyno'd?

OP
OP
C

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this was my car. We are still collecting all the dyno sheets. Will post them as soon as I get them.

In my opinion, everyone else is still choking the system. The one's we are using have a lot more air flowing properties. Small filters les air. We might even put larger one's own.

Dean

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh here is the company claiming 26rwhp gains from a kit that is yielding 4 hp from others.

CajunViper,

All I can tell you is if you believe 26rwhp is actually gained, then I have an exhaust muffler bearing kit I would like to sell you :) .

Sorry but I do not see the restriction in the other kits, the two combined air filters the others are using outflow the SRT engine considerably.

We need before and after dyno numbers, and not just from TNT.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Russ.... For anyone to belive that setup will yield 26rwhp is dreaming. I used to run that same sort of setup on my modified RT/10 that TNT built and the gain was very minimal if any on the dyno but the looks factor was better than the plastic air box. And Dean, you stated that yall were still gathering the dyno sheets or did you mean they were still trying to fabricate them?????? I agree, take this car to another dyno and see what the gains may or may not be. Then switch back to the factory air box and I will bet you see almost the same dyno numbers. Intersting mines would like to know....

Mark H.

OP
OP
C

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's were all that oil is coming from. I guess I'll have to get an independent study on that also.

Dean

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cajon
Take it to someone with nothing to gain. Their are shops in Houston that will hurt your feelings with the truth. I took my TNT dyno numbers to 2 other shops and could not duplicate the TNT numbers. The best numbers were 28RWHP less than TNT. This was after the car sat for 2 hours to cool off and the out side temp. was not over 70.

I don't want to turn this into a "oh Yea' session again but read all the post and ask yourself if the world is wrong or just maybe your numbers are from the TNT roulette dyno.

TNT offered to take my car to other shops of their choice but once I said no and that I would do it on my own they nutted up and phone calls were not returned. Anyone can get you 50 RWHP more if that is what you want. Making dyno numbers to make the customer smile is easy, to give real numbers takes real work.

What was it that a past President said "Verify". Do not let them know and take it to another dyno shop and surprise yourself. I have the name of 2 in Houston that will be honest with the numbers.
Reminds me of the dyno numbers TNT gave me with Nitros, good numbers until I found out that the Nitros was broke, installed wrong by TNT and would not work. My question is where did the numbers come from. Nick had to re-run the entire system and after it was finally working he said that he didnt have time to put it on the dyno that day, probably forgot the first set of numbers he gave me.

I like what Mark said, so true, Looking through the box of dyno sheets to find the numbers that they need
Take care

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Roy at TNT last week and asked him if these numbers were correct and he said YES. He also told me that when I get the kit, install it, dyno it and if I get less than a 20 hp gain, just send the kit back and he will refund my money. What more can you ask for??

ROB :usa:

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all Roy actually answered the phone, you are getting somewhere now.
He guarantees 20 HP in writing? Then you asked Roy if these numbers were correct, did you expect him to say no and that he was using his roulette dynoJet? 26 HP for the Cajun but he will only guarantee 20 for you. I guess he wants to play it safe just in case. Ask Roy if you promised to use his dyno would he guarantee 26 HP. On any NORMAL day at any shop a 6HP difference would be overlooked I understand as their could be many factors into the equation but at Roulette heights I would question any numbers. I know that the dyno numbers that they gave me were guaranteed to be dyno numbers, who's I do not know. :shocked: :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960