SRT-10 Trunk Mats

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My order for the trunk mats finally came in at my local dealer. I opened the large box, and found the three mat pieces, the two corner foam fillers, and the instruction sheet (all pictures, no words) for installation. What I did not find was the roll of sticky-back velcro pieces that the instructions showed.
Now my dealer is trying to tell me they are not required. (it's raining so I don't want to drive the car to them) Can someone that has actually installed the mats, please step[ forward and tell me if I'm wrong?
:confused: Many thanks!!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,how long did you wait for the trunk mats to arrive at your local dealer? I've made the stupid mistake of going to a local dealer and I've been waiting for over 1 month!! If they don't come soon I'm going to cancel my order and go to Tator Dodge who has them in stock.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stickies come with kit, or should. Make sure the surface that you stick them too is very clean. I found the stickies didn't stick well, so I cleaned the surface and it worked better.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,
The mats do come with the velcro strips. I found them to be less than desirable however. Perhaps additional strips will help. In fact there is room for improvement in the factory mats in both quality of materials and in the method of securing them to the uneven contours of the trunk. I am not using the drivers floor mat "pinning" devices either. The carpet strands keep getting in the way of the snaps. I have hopes the mat will stay put without the snaps. My car still has the 9 factory miles on it (since Jan 14 pick-up date) Cry, sob, moan.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waited over a month to get the trunk mats. The floor mats came within a week. I suggest you go check out the ones you think are available and be sure all the parts of the kit are there BEFORE you buy, then go cancel your order with your local dealer. I had called a week before this kit came in, and the dealer told me there were 145 kits in transit from the supplier to Dodge. My worry is all the 145 kits are missing the Velcro attachments. My dealer called today, and said he has a second kit, and there is no sticky-back vellcrow, and none is required. After my trip to the dealer tomorrow, I think I'll be calling customer service.

Dave- I had the same problem with the floor mat pinning devices. I used a pair of blunt nosed baby sissors to trim the fuzz out of the hole so they would snap in place. Clearly not the best design IMHO- and they should have anticipated the number (like 100%?) of folks that would do floor mats (perhaps made them an option?) and delt with the sliding issue the same way they did on the PT Cruiser (problem solved!).

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy mine from Chuck Tator (oh, I am) and yes he has them in stock and he will even install them for you if you go there.

He supports the VCA and is a great guy!

Just my .02 worth,

2Charmed

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed mine in about 2.3 minutes. I did not use the velcro strips and it stays in place very well. It would however be better to use the velcro.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack has em in stock, with the required Velcro.

Maybe Paul's dealer can provide some free contact cement

OP
OP
Y

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper ownership, and participation on this board do more good for Viper owners than you can ever know. More people at DC read this board than I thought possible. A wonderful person, Project Manager for MOPAR Parts, is one of those that reads this message board (Richard Berecz). He contacted me directly about this problem of the Missing Velcro parts in my trunk mat kit.. and TODAY the missing parts appeared at my door.

SO- I warn you. More people at D-C are reading this board than you ever immagined. They are committed to customer service in a BIG way!!!

Thanks Richard, and the D-C Family!!!

Ya gotta love the VCA, DODGE and the VIPER community!!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it they are reading this board, I had a missing "loop" part on the vertical mat. The rest of the 6 or so were sewn onto the mat, but this one was simply missing. I tried a piece of stick on loop but it wouldn't stay stuck to the plastic part of the mat. I'm not talking about the hook part that was missing in this post, but the sewn on loop.

How to fix?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! DODGE IS ONE GREAT COMPANY!!!!

Just got a call from Rick from DC about my missing velcro posted above. He said they are getting in a trunk kit soon and will investigate my missing piece and either send me a fix or a new trunk kit. I hate to throw away anything, so am very willing to glue on a piece to fix the problem.

I really can't believe the fantastic customer care this represents. Unheard of!!

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My trunk mat had one missing loop section also. D C if you are reading this add me to the list for repair part. PS the car is great. Much better than the Gen 2 sitting next to it Thanks DC. Only 2 items I don`t like the tethered gas cap and the button behind the key. Will just have to learn to deal with these inconvenences. Mike Oliver

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, one more for the "need the Velcro kit" line. Just picked up the trunk kit this afternoon. Looks pretty good but definitely needs the attachments. There were no velcro pieces included. Only those permanently attached.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SRT-10 arrived without an engine. If DC is reading this I would really like to have one delivered so I can have it installed. I am getting tired of pushing it around town just to show it off.

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got the trunk kit, mats, and car cover today. Add me to the list of people who got kits without the velco attachments. How frustrating. I waited 2 weeks for the kit, and now that it is here it doesn't have all of the parts.

3wide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vnmous,

I need your email address. I'll get your install your kit asap.

Rick

3wide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attention Viper Owners:

Having seen numerous posts regarding missing components in the Mopar Trunk Mat Kit, I have contacted our supplier and launched an investigation. We did quarantine all kits that were in transit and stocked at our depots. All kits in our control are being inspected. In the event that you received a kit with missing components, I would like you to contact our suppliers customer service number 800-356-5666 (beginning 3/31/03) for resolution to your situation.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Any questions, please post and I will get back to you.

Rick Berecz
Product Line Manager
Mopar Parts

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Rick Berecz,
I don't have an SRT, however, just wanted to say well done on the service. I look forward to it when you make my SRT COUPE in '06 or '07! BTW, I would like to see an OEM tire option for Goodyear, Pirelli or Yokohoma or complete change from french michelins. The next set on my GTS will not be french.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was missing a single 25 cent velcro attachment on a piece of the trunk kit, and I JUST RECEIVED a complete new kit. Everything! WOW again.

THANKS, DODGE.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang