SRT-10 Value Leader??

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not forget value! Yes, value! The SRT-10 at $85K gives more "bang for the buck" than just about anything out there. Some will say that the Corvette gives the most for the money but it does not give you the "Viper" experiance that only Viper owners know. Compare the performance/cost realtionship to a 190K Lamborghini Gallardo or a $285K Murcielago or a $250K Ferrari 575 Maranello and the SRT-10 has got to be the "best deal" around. Great looks, fantastic performance, AMERICAN made, east to get serviced, and just an all around exciting car. I am keeping my 2001 GTS because it has its own personality and look. I just picked up my new SRT-10 last night and between the two of them it represents the most exciting (did I say that before) combintaion of sport cars money can buy. For less than the price of 1 Lamborghini Gallardo I get two beautiful cars backed up be good old Dodge and the VOA. It just does not get any better than this!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lets not forget value! Yes, value! The SRT-10 at $85K gives more "bang for the buck" than just about anything out there. Some will say that the Corvette gives the most for the money but it does not give you the "Viper" experiance that only Viper owners know. I just picked up my new SRT-10 last night and between the two of them it represents the most exciting (did I say that before) combintaion of sport cars money can buy. For less than the price of 1 Lamborghini Gallardo

Another perspective.The same logic you used in casting the corvette aside,despite its excellent performance and relatively cheap price,can be used by a lambo owner on the viper.You wouldnt trade your srt-10 for 2 vettes because of the intangible "viper experience".I agree 100%.But I also wouldnt trade my 6.0 Diablo for 2 srt-10's,because of the "Lambo experience".Comparing the vette to a viper in our opinion is nonsense,just as comparing a viper to a lambo.They all have their own niche in the world of high performance cars.I have been a Viperowner and supporter since '93,and have been a lambo owner and supporter since "82,and a corvette owner and supporter since '68.All great cars,with totally seperate characters and history.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't argue the 'wow' factor, or the pedigree> can argue the performance. Comparisons come in many shapes and sizes...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't argue the 'wow' factor, or the pedigree> can argue the performance. Comparisons come in many shapes and sizes...

Yes you can certainly argue performance.No question.I was simply making a point about "VALUE" as relative to the points originally made.It depends what your aim is in performance however.Lambo's werent built for acceleration contests,although my 6.0 turns a nice 3.4 0-60 with exhaust only.It does top out at over 225,not that I have been that fast.But I am not paying the price of admission to a lambo for those numbers.Its the "lambo overall experience",which happens to include some cool stuff.But I love my vipers,and there isnt a bigger viper fan than I.

OP
OP
F

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper 585: There are many different reasons why we choose the car we do. Many of those reasons are subjective. Is it not wonderful that we have many choices to fill our rationalizations. In the end you make your choice and pay your money.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper 585: There are many different reasons why we choose the car we do. Many of those reasons are subjective. Is it not wonderful that we have many choices to fill our rationalizations. In the end you make your choice and pay your money.

Exactly my point in my responses.I was only offering a different view to your original statement.Its all good.

OP
OP
F

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right about that. I would like to have several more cars. Right now I drive a new SRT-10, 01 GTS, 03 Mercedes S55 AMG. On the way is a 01 Lamborghini 6.0 Diablo. Planned is a Bentley GT or Arnage, a Countach (Anniversary model only) and possibly a Murcielago or Gallardo. I will store these cars in an Air conditioned aircraf hanger that I own. Having cars like these is the most fun you can have with the least effort required to "own" them other than the $ it takes to buy them.
sure better than blowing the dough on booze,broads, etc, don't you think??