srt-10 vs Zo6 burnout contest

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason i think the viper lost was because of the wider tires which equals more traction which equals less burnout.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason a Viper would lose a burnout contest is because of no linelock, rpms too high and the tires blew before they wore out, bad driver, front brakes failed, started with less rubber on the tires, etc.

Burnout contest is a test of antispeed. The purpose is too stay close so everyone can watch. Drifting contests are usually a hardtired, ebrake smoke the tires contest.

Toomanycars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that despises burnouts and thinks they are stupid and pointless? Even a Civic can do a burnout so what does it prove?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good, but I'd rather win a race than have burnout bragging rights. Youv'e got to love the sound of that sweet V8 though, and these really are the best of the horsepower wars for sure!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prove? It doesn't have to pove anything. Since they havn't bottled "Burnt rubber" you want to smell powerful you have to do it the old fashoined way.

Phil - best when someone else is paying for the tires? Sometimes all it takes to shut off the vettes are faster and Civics are faster idiots is one good WOT for a couple seconds.

Ted

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that despises burnouts and thinks they are stupid and pointless? Even a Civic can do a burnout so what does it prove?

Don't agree at all!!! Love burnouts! Yes those guys are tools, but still love it. When I am in my all wheel drive cars I miss being able to burn out:drive:

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a pretty sweet burnout in my Viper a few weeks back. The damned car smelled like burned rubber for about 10 days. I hated the smell, but I had never tried a burnout like that before.

I'll never do it again lol

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Watched a video of a Z06 doing a huge burnout. Too bad he had the TC turned on and didn't realize that that puts the brakes on. Smoke came from his clutch. Sounded like a burnout, but rear brakes were locked solid - no tires spin. Duh.

Ted

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched a video of a Z06 doing a huge burnout. Too bad he had the TC turned on and didn't realize that that puts the brakes on. Smoke came from his clutch. Sounded like a burnout, but rear brakes were locked solid - no tires spin. Duh.

Ted

oh yea i think i seen this one..was the vette yellow and a older guy doing it?

Toomanycars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess my whole point is that even a slow POS can do a burnout so it's not even a real show of horsepower as much as it's a my engine can outpower my rear brakes while wearing out my clutch, tires and rear brake pads. Not to mention all the rubber that sticks to the car. I guess I just respect our car a little more than others. Don't get me wrong when I'm at the dragstrip I'll smoke em' all day to warm them up but in that situation there is a point to it.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh yea i think i seen this one..was the vette yellow and a older guy doing it?

Yes, it was a yellow vette. I think the idiot was about 30. I guess he could have been an alcoholic of mentally deficiet and that's why he left the TC on? Customer's car? Ex-wife's car - I know that a lot of guys wives prefer the vette. It's a lot easier to flip a switch than it is to become an excellent driver. Anyone can drive a vette (and screw the clutch) but you'd have to use the wrong gear to do that to a Viper. Anyone that can 2 foot or double stomp would surely have no problem finding the right gear?

Ted

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just had my car serviced at the dealer last fall and was getting ready to leave when a group of salesmen came up and one guy said, "we just want to see you smoke the tires". I'm thinking, "FU buddy". But I was a bit more polite than that and told him, "I don't do that." He made out like I was a dick for not "entertaining" him and his buddys. But he is the dick for thinking that I would waste my tire tread for them. I don't need to impress his kind. What an ****. I just drove off.

I trust their viper tech but it makes me wonder if I had to leave my car there to be serviced would those idiot salesmen have access to it?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know they lined them up and did some 1/4 mile runs..Why this burn out crap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang