SRT 4 SECS A LAP FASTER THEN A FULL RACE PREPPED GTS! 8SECS FASTER THEN STOCK GEN II?

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHECK OUT THE POST BY FRANK PARISE ON THE SRT-10 BOARDS STATING THAT A STOCK SRT-10 AT FIREBIRD RACEWAY IN AZ WAS ESTIMATED TO BE 4 SECONDS A LAP FASTER THEN A FULL RACE PREPPED 96 GTS WITH HOOSIERS..FRANK SAID THAT HE SPENT $70 ON RACING UPGRADES(INCLUDING BIG BRAKES) FOR THE GTS!!

APPARENTLY THE GTS DRIVER HAD TONS OF VIPER TRACK TIME AND WAS VERY FAST...UNTIL HE DROVE THE SRT-10...

IF THE SRT-10 IS THAT MUCH FASTER THEN A FULL $70K RACE PREPED GTS THEN THE SRT SHOULD BE AT LEAST 8 SECONDS A LAP FASTER THEN A STOCK GEN II..

THATS AMAZING!!

THINK ABOUT BEING LAPPED HALF WAY THROUGH A LONG RACE BY ANOTHER VIPER..THAT IS BONE STOCK AND WITH CUP HOLDERS!!

PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
post the link to the topic, i dont believe this without seeing lap times
the 02 z06 is 2 seconds a lap faster then the 02 viper gts acr
but the looks of a z06 are sooo bland compared to a gts... the same thing can be said of the SRT-10 looks like a rice rocket... i love gen2 gts

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH SH*T MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN, IT WON'T TURN OFF!
laugh.gif

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bsflag[1].gif
i find that very hard to believe,we all have bad days did anyone talk to the driver of the 96,i find it very hard to believe that a tracked prepped car WITH HOOSIERS had these kind of results against an 03 *!#!!*(sorry hand slipped on the keyboard) with street rubber,without there being extenuating circumstances,i would be willing to bet that there were either issues with the car or other,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KepRght:
post the link to the topic, i dont believe this without seeing lap times
but the looks of a z06 are sooo bland compared to a gts... the same thing can be said of the SRT-10 looks like a rice rocket... i love gen2 gts
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know a few folks with stock GTS's that will disagree a o2 z06 is faster. They are willing to prove it too. I agree on the looks. This from a 4 time Vette owner.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder where kepwrong got his numbers about the zo6..Corvette quarterly? And thank you soooo much execmalibooboo for informing us about what we already read on our own srt forum, you truly have the most incredible grasp of the obvious, you keyboard cretin.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KepRght:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe in a parking lot.

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
... you keyboard cretin.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe... good one!

lol

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOu know it Tony 1,you have seen it on the track. When it comes down to it pro driver in both cars the viper wins. With no pro driver the zo6 has a good shot a winning with all the compuer suport it gives the novice driver. THis guy was just another guy who doesnt track his car trying to boil the ***.
I did drive the new 03 viper and it is faster than the gts but a
race ready one I dont think so.

regards

ryan

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryan 94RT:
YOu know it Tony 1,you have seen it on the track. When it comes down to it pro driver in both cars the viper wins. With no pro driver the zo6 has a good shot a winning with all the compuer suport it gives the novice driver. THis guy was just another guy who doesnt track his car trying to boil the ***.
I did drive the new 03 viper and it is faster than the gts but a
race ready one I dont think so.

regards

ryan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RYAN,

ACCORDING TO THE SRT-10 POST IT WAS NOT THAT THE CAR WAS THAT MUCH FASTER..HE DID NOT EVEN DISCUSS THE ISSUE..

FRANK SAID THAT THE SRT HANDLED AND STOPPED SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAT THE LAP TIMES WERE MUCH FASTER..

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
FRANK SAID THAT THE SRT HANDLED AND STOPPED SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAT THE LAP TIMES WERE MUCH FASTER..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well duh. Where have you been? They didn't do all that work on the suspension/body geometry for nothing. Too bad it's not much of a looker.

Lou

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be interested to see what the virdict is when alot more
srt-10'***** the track. This way we are not just going off of one report. When we see it in a couple of different viper events
then that will be the test. Until then lets hit the track with what we got.

ryan

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the SRT 10 is that much faster then my Gen II GTS. It wouldn't bother me one bit. It is the new improved Viper and I would expect it to be a significant improvement. If it isn't, I'll be disappointed - I want it to represent the Viper tradition as well as possible. Wouldn't it be too good if it was as fast as a Porsche GT2? And, no matter how fast it is, it won't make my Viper any slower.

Jim

Brian Kelly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay tuned. Viper Days is at Willow Springs this weekend. If any SRTs make it there with a driver who has been there before, you should get a comparison.

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Hodel:
And, no matter how fast it is, it won't make my Viper any slower.

Jim

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Jim.

Lou

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOUR PICTURE OF THE BLACK VETTE IS NOT A Z06! REAL MEN DRIVE VIPERS AND SISSYS DRIVE VETTES!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock SRT 8 seconds a lap faster than a stock GTS....

bounce.gif

laugh.gif

***** alert!

...don't take that personally, I meant it in the nicest possible way .

wink.gif

What we are learning is that the SRT brakes and suspension improvements have made a big difference. When we see real race drivers posting real lap times in old vs new cars in the same race, we'll have a direct comparison. A race prepped SRT might lap an old Viper in a long race, that would be believable...

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is great. First we post and complain that our vipers are too slow/outdated then we complain that the new viper is too fast! With that imagination EXEC must have been a regular author to the Penthouse Forums!

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPARKY:
YOUR PICTURE OF THE BLACK VETTE IS NOT A Z06! REAL MEN DRIVE VIPERS AND SISSYS DRIVE VETTES!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPARKY,

NO ONE I KNOW CARES HOW YOU POST YOUR COMMENTS BUT
BE PREPARED TO HAVE SOME OF THE OTHER VCA MEMBERS FLIP OUT WHEN THEY SEE YOU ARE TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!

YOU WILL PROBABLY GET NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS FROM THE "ALL CAPS POLICE" ON THIS SITE!!

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike L:
This is great. First we post and complain that our vipers are too slow/outdated then we complain that the new viper is too fast! With that imagination EXEC must have been a regular author to the Penthouse Forums!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIKE L,

YOU APPARENTLY HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING WHAT I WROTE IN A PRIOR POST..

WHAT I SAID WAS THAT THE GEN II VIPER IS A FAST AS HELL AND A BLAST TO DRIVE!

I ASKED WHY DIDNT DC OFFER AN EVEN FASTER "HI-PO" VERSION GEN II TO THOSE WHO WANTED THEM..

APPARENTLY THERE WERE OBVIOUSLY A FEW PEOPLE AT DC WHO FELT THE SAME WAY AND THEY BUILT THE SRT-10!!

A TOTALLY REDESIGNED VIPER (NOT JUST A NEW BODY)..

WITH EVEN MORE POWER,MUCH LIGHTER,BETTER BRAKES, AND IT HANDLES AMAZING!

BASED ON SOME OF THE REPORTS I HAVE READ FROM OTHER PEOPLE WHO BOTH OWN AND RACE A GTS...

THE SRT-10 WILL BLOW THE DOORS OFF ANY GEN II VIPER!!

I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!

I SAID IS THAT I THINK THAT IT IS "AMAZING" THAT THE SRT IS THAT MUCH FASTER THEN MY GEN II VIPER ON THE TRACK!!

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT!..

JUST ENVY..

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope its faster! with a 60 to 0 less than 100ft, this should result in a significant difference in lap times.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipersrule:
I'm not saying that the SRT is "not" a nice car (
tongue.gif
double negative?
tongue.gif
) , I'm just not sure that I like the "new" body style. Even with all the added performance, I think I'd rather buy a new Gen II (which I did) and plan to up grade it in the future.

Isn't that what's so great about the Vipers? Simple, easy to add-on and improve.

Besides, from my point of view 450hp with the Gen II body style is worth a lot.....

I'm still not too sure that I'm sold on the SRT - even with the great "numbers"....
rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I AGREE.. I LIKE THEN LOOK OF THE GEN II MUCH BETTER..

BUT I WONDER IF ALL I EVER SEE IS THE TAILIGHTS OF THE SRTs IF I EVER WILL WARM UP TO THE NEW BODY STYLE??

ACCORDING TO FRANK PARISE.. WHO POSTED ABOUT THE SRT ON THE TRACK..

"I SPENT $70K ON UPGRADING THE 96 GTS AND THE SRT-10 IS STILL MUCH BETTER"..

I WOULD THINK THAT DOING $10K IN UPGRADES WOULD BE ENOUGH TO MAKE THE GTS BETTER.. BUT NOT ACCORDING TO FRANK.. HE ALSO SEEMS TO HAVE ENOUGH PERSONAL TRACK EXPERIANCE TO KNOW THE DIFERENCE..

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
CHECK OUT THE POST BY FRANK PARISE ON THE SRT-10 BOARDS STATING THAT A STOCK SRT-10 AT FIREBIRD RACEWAY IN AZ WAS ESTIMATED TO BE 4 SECONDS A LAP FASTER THEN A FULL RACE PREPPED 96 GTS WITH HOOSIERS.. THE GTS DRIVER HAD TONS OF VIPER TRACK TIME AND WAS VERY FAST.UNTIL HE DROVE THE SRT-10...

IF THE SRT-10 IS THAT MUCH FASTER THEN A FULL RACE PREPED GTS THEN THE SRT SHOULD BE AT LEAST 8 SECONDS A LAP FASTER THEN A STOCK GEN II..

THATS AMAZING!!

THINK ABOUT BEING LAPPED HALF WAY THROUGH A LONG RACE BY ANOTHER VIPER..

THAT IS BONE STOCK AND WITH CUP HOLDERS!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I swear I'm starting to like this guy. You have to admire someone who can withstand the kind of abuse thrown at him. It is a shame he can't spell worth a d@mn.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone met this Joker yet?

I couldn't bother to read his drivel in caps, I just truly read every post but his......makes the threads all the more entertaining.

I'm not sure he is young, maybe the driveway just doesn't quite hit the road. We do not want to label all younger people's view as incoherent babblings, should we???
smile.gif

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
Has anyone met this Joker yet?

I couldn't bother to read his drivel in caps, I just truly read every post but his......makes the threads all the more entertaining.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's refused my numerous overtures to PM me so that we could discuss talking on the phone.

He's just a "wittle" boy...

Lou