SRT Contest-Win Tickets to Daytona 2014

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT just introduced a new color line up for the 2014 Viper; it's an unusual and unique shade of Blue. To celebrate this great occasion; the folks at SRT are having a contest. Whoever can come with the best name for this unusual color will win 2 tickets ( hotel and flight included ) to the 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona....Go to this link for details..and Good Luck to the Winner!!

http://www.drivesrt.com/ColorContest?utm_source=jrt-email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta2-article1&utm_campaign=drivesrt-dialed-in-win-a-trip-to-the-2014-rolex-24-at-daytona-and-be-part-of-viper-history

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious....After you guys go to the link, what are your thoughts on the new color?.....I haven't developed an opinion yet, maybe I'll have to see it in person....

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious....After you guys go to the link, what are your thoughts on the new colour?.....I haven't developed an opinion yet, maybe I'll have to see it in person....
Porsche have a very similar colour on their GT3 which they have just discontinued! It certainly will not be to everyone's taste :crazy2:

Not sure weather there are any copyright issues naming a paint colour? It reminds me of the French blue used on many race cars also similar to the MOPAR colour.

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Porsche have a very similar colour on their GT3 which they have just discontinued! It certainly will not be to everyone's taste :crazy2:

Not sure weather there are any copyright issues naming a paint colour? It reminds me of the French blue used on many race cars also similar to the MOPAR colour.

Are you referring to Mexico Blue?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, also the Adriatic Blue is similar too.

As for naming a colour, I was thinking along the lines of SRT Le mans Blue (seeing as the car made a return this year) but BMW have a blue called 'Le mans blue' (but its a lot darker).

Could always go for "La Sarthe Blue", If anyone wishes to use it in the competition, feel free, I'm not allowed to enter :(

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked the link and the 3 finalist names were chosen, but sadly my choice wasn't among them. You guys can still go ahead to the site and vote on the name you like...

I personally like the 1st choice ( Competition Blue )....

Good luck to the winner!!...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang