SRT DRive Experience in New Jersey

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for all the snakes in the Tri-State area ( New York, New Jersey, Connecticut ); the folks at SRT will be hosting their SRT Track Experience in English Town New Jersey on August 16 thru 19th. For liability reasons you're not allowed to race your viper on the track but you can still drive it to the event, however there will be plenty of other SRT model cars to choose from and race on the track. The track experience costs $500 plus $100 per spectator/guest. Since my Vin # has never been used before to register for this event my track experience is free but I still have to pay for my guest. Since my track experience was free I figured why not....I plan on attending the event on August 19 so by a show of hands I was just wondering if any other snakes in the area plan on attending? For more info on the event go to www.drivesrt.com/srt-track-experience......Hope to see some snakes at the event!

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest that every snake owner check their vin# when they register for any SRT Drive experience event, cause your registration is free for your first time registration if your Viper vin# has never been used before to register for this event ( $500 fee waived ). Free first time registration automatically comes along with the purchase of any brand new viper. But even if you have to pay it's still not a bad deal for $500...hope to see you there August 19th!!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there a time limit on the free period,...I think 1 year from point of sale of new car only. (I've done the SRT TRack Experience twice, Once for the Viper, and once for the Challenger) Read the fine print, I don't think an 'un-used 2003 car' will get the free day.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ That's my understanding as well. I also am curious if I should wait until next year to see if they have the new car out there to drive. Anyone know if they had used the Vipers in years past?

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey allen...I just double checked on the website and you are right! It states if you purchased your vehicle before 4/1/07 you have 2 years from the date of purchase to be entitled to the free registration. If you purchase your vehicle after 4/1/07 you only have one year from the date of purchase. It doesn't state anything about used purchased vehicles being eligible. However it does state if the owner registered for the event before their eligibility expires but never attended the event they are still eligible for the free track experience even if their eligibility later expires cause they already previously registered for the event. When I spoke to the SRT Rep earlier in the week; and she checked my vin# and she told me I was eligible for the free track experience. So I'm not sure if I fall into that case. Will call her back to double check. Even if I'm no longer eligible for the free event, it's still a good deal so I'll be attending anyway...Hope to see ya there!!

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attended one 3 years ago at the Virginia Int'l Raceway they had 2 Vipers there that professional drivers took you twice around the track, but you were chosen by a lottery system, I was lucky enough to be chosen. :D
The driver had me up to 160 mph on the straight, there was still room left, but the driver said it upsets the car shifting it into fifth gear at that speed (Sorry couldn't remember the driver's name).
We all had turns driving the other SRT vehicles, other than the Viper ride, driving the SRT Jeep impressed me the most. Full day event, all in all a good experience.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as Vipers being at the Track experience...The SRT Rep could not confirm if any will be there but she did state that they have had Vipers there in the past.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers there or not, it is still a fun day, and worth doing. For someone with no HPDE / track experience, it is very educational. I highly recommend it. -one thing about it...............no cops.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just registered for the event , my track day will be August 19th. This will be my first time on the track and I know I'm going to have a great time...Hope to see a big VCA Turnout!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang