SRT Driving experience

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking about registering for the SRT drive experience that will be coming to N.J. in August 2007'. :2tu:
Registration says that it is free with anyone who purchased an SRT vehicle after April 1,2005'. I'm not planning on driving my 06' Coupe on the track but would love to drive some of the racing school Vipers. Anyone else think they might be into this experience? Check out drivesrt.com :drive:

RQ_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did the SRT experience about 3 weeks ago.

If you have track experience and expect a track day you might be a bit dissapointed, this is a one-day thing for anyone that buys an SRT product. Quite a wide audience.

Having said that Richard Petty runs a quality operation and provides a day of free fantastic fun. Great format. Do not pass it up if you get a chance to do it!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the SRT Track Experience a few weeks ago. I agree with RQ - it's not as intense as a regular HPDE. But, still lots if fun. You can drive only their cars on the track anyway.

Your car will remain safe from the fun you'll have if you ever feel the need to truly experience the potential of your Viper...

06blackviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am signed up for vegas in june , are any other vca members going?

does anybody know the actual schedule of events in vegas?:usa:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't expect much time in the Viper (a wide audience and no traction control makes for dangerous driving), but you'll get lots of time in the SRT8 lineup (traction control must stay on, except on the drifting module, if that's included in your location).

As stated, don't expect a "track event", but it was a hell of a fun day and a great opportunity to beat up on someone elses cars in a fun environment.

For free, you can't go wrong.

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For free, you can't go long.

Must...fight...urge...to...edit...moderator's...post... :D

And we did the SRT Track Experience last year and it was a blast. Great folks, great cars, and an great way to experience the entire SRT lineup. Just don't be surprised if you end up going out and adding one to your fleet. I know I did (300 SRT8) and I believe kcobean recently did the same (Charger SRT8). But it's the SRT8 Jeep that will really surprise you...

Here is the website for more information: http://www.srttrackexperience.com/home.do

(and Kelly, we both get another shot at it with our respective SRT purchases!)

:2tu:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And we did the SRT Track Experience last year and it was a blast. Great folks, great cars, and an great way to experience the entire SRT lineup. Just don't be surprised if you end up going out and adding one to your fleet. I know I did (300 SRT8) and I believe kcobean recently did the same (Charger SRT8). But it's the SRT8 Jeep that will really surprise you...

Here is the website for more information: http://www.srttrackexperience.com/home.do

Edit? I don't know what you're talking about, my post looks fine to me. ;)

I used my 'free ticket' from my Charger purchase when I went back in March, but if it comes to Summit Point next year, I'll happily pay the $500 or whatever it was. It was a fun day.

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was a blast. Go on a midweek day not the weekend and you will get a ton of one on one time in all the cars. Its not a track day, but a great experience

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i loved the srt8 jeep so much that i've had one for a year now that sits aside my srt10 viper

RQ_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Right, got to say, not really in the market but the Jeep SRT8 was a total surprise, I want one now too!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through the event at homestead recently; I chose a Thursday(first day) and only 30 people attended. The group was split into two - so we received considerable driving time. You will get to drive the Viper three times in a close obstacle type course. Lots of fun.

RQ_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went through the event at homestead recently; I chose a Thursday(first day) and only 30 people attended. The group was split into two - so we received considerable driving time. You will get to drive the Viper three times in a close obstacle type course. Lots of fun.

Hi Art,

Ralph here, guy with the white coupe. Nice meeting you at the event.

Question: did you ever receive the DVD they said they would mail? I was looking forward to it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Art,

Ralph here, guy with the white coupe. Nice meeting you at the event.

Question: did you ever receive the DVD they said they would mail? I was looking forward to it.

Ralph,
I went to the SRT-TE back at the beginning of March and have not received my DVD yet. I'm getting ready to call and ask where it is, because like you, I'd really like to have that as a souvenir of the event, which overall was a lot of fun and very well organized. I hope I'm not disappointed by a lack of follow through to deliver what was promised...ya know? I'll let you know what my call yields.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph,
I went to the SRT-TE back at the beginning of March and have not received my DVD yet. I'm getting ready to call and ask where it is, because like you, I'd really like to have that as a souvenir of the event, which overall was a lot of fun and very well organized. I hope I'm not disappointed by a lack of follow through to deliver what was promised...ya know? I'll let you know what my call yields.

Hate to quote my own post, but just an update...the DVD's from the Summit Point event on March 13th (I think that was the date) shipped out last Friday. The SRT-TE folks called me back within an hour or two of my leaving a message for them and said they are working on getting these out to folks as soon as possible.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph: I paid 50 dollars for the DVD and have not seen it to date. Will give them another week and call......

RQ_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hate to quote my own post, but just an update...the DVD's from the Summit Point event on March 13th (I think that was the date) shipped out last Friday. The SRT-TE folks called me back within an hour or two of my leaving a message for them and said they are working on getting these out to folks as soon as possible.

(yes, funny to quote your own post, must agree)

Great to hear! So hopefully we (S Florida) will be coming up soon.

Art, why did you have to pay anything since it was supposed to be a comp for SRT owners?

And BTW, I left early, did team Buttercup win? <g>

On a separate but related note, as some of you know I recently traded a Lambo for both an M6 and a VOI9... happened to post a grievance on the M6 forum and within days BMW NA was leaving messages at my office number! I'm sure that took some research on their end.

In my opinion it is great that manufacturers such as BMW and Dodge are aware enough to monitor sites for their top models and be proactive about it. Win-win situation in my book!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet, that means I should be getting mine soon....I was beginnng to wonder as well.

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 07 jeep srt8 a few months ago and I got a call the other day from srt.. saying that they were wanting imput for the new change over for the jeep and to go to www.srtedge.com and do this survey and if you fill it out you might win a chance to go to the srt driving experience so I filled it out took about 10mins easy. just thought I would let everybody know...

RQ_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
* bump *

Can anyone from the Florida region confirm that they've received their DVD by now?

SRT told me 6 weeks ago that they had been shipped...

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
* bump *

Can anyone from the Florida region confirm that they've received their DVD by now?

SRT told me 6 weeks ago that they had been shipped...

I still haven't received mine and I went in March. Guess I'll call again.