SRT Experience Chicagoland Speedway

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm psyched for this event Sun. Oct. 28th We're gonna have a blast John! (Big-n-italian)

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great time today. They had everything set up in the infield. There was a small autocross where we drove SR-6 Crossfires. A 1/16th mile drag strip where we got to drive SRT Jeep Grand Cherokes, Magnums, Chargers, 300cs and Crossfires. The Cheroke dominated the dragstrip. They had another small non timed autocross set up for the Vipers where we drove with an instructor riding along. They used the main track for our track driving, which was awesome. On the back straight they set up some cones to give us some extra curves, but the front straight was all out speed. We did a lead follow and hit speeds around 130 in the Crossfires and a little less in the rest of the vehicles.

At the end of the day the instructors gave us "hot laps" in a variety of the cars on the oval. I have to say I am very impressed with the SR8 Jeep Grand Cheroke. We were taking the corners, hitting a very low apex, at 120 MPH and hitting about 140 in the straights. The Charger, Magnum and 300C did the hot laps with some passing. I'm not sure if I was more scared at 120 in the corners in the Cheroke or nearly rubbing paint at 120 in the Charger, but I left both cars with a smile on my face. :D I didn't get to do a hot lap in the vipers, but I think they were doing 150+ in the straights.

At the end of the day one of the guys (Don I think) had the best overall autocross time of 34.153, which beat all but one of the instructor times by .4 seconds. Just an amazing run, wish I could have been with that group to have seen it. I held up some dignity for the Viper crowd with 2nd place at 34.870, which got me a prize of a Ride-a-Long with the Richard Petty experience, because Don had already won one by placing 1st in drag racing too.

Awesome cars and an awesome time today :2tu:. I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had an awesome time today! if you havent ever attended this event, you need to! the event, the staff, the food, it was all top notch!

thank you to everyone!

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had an awesome time today! if you havent ever attended this event, you need to! the event, the staff, the food, it was all top notch!

thank you to everyone!

Wow!! There were more Viper owners there than I knew about. You must have left your Viper home too. It would have been a cold ride there, but ******* on the way home would have been nice. Sorry I didn't get the opportunity to meet you. Maybe next time.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, it was an awesome day. Did not get to hot lap the viper but the Jeep SRT-8 was a blast at 140. What an awesome piece of machinery...I left thouroughly impressed with this particular vehicle. The Crossfires were a hoot on the oval too. Hot lapping the 300C's passing, drafting, etc. was too much much at 120mph. I can't imagine guys who do this nearing the 200mph mark....total insanity! It was a perfect day for a erfect event!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you guys had a good time. It was a good deal. For the three days I emailed everyone about, we had a lot of folks take advantage. I would have come just to do it again and be with everyone, but have too much construction going on at the house. Hey, Scott, good work. Making us proud!

On the Jeep, it is a beast. I own one. It's geared low, lots of power, lighter than the other cars, and all wheel drive. I put on a full exhaust and air induction. Has 460HP and does a tick over 13 in the quarter. But what's most impressive is it's 0-50. There's nothing on the road that gets rolling and hits 50 like this thing. By the time most cars even shift their weight to the back tires, this thing is like a frog, it's already across the intersection. I did the SRT experience in the past and drove it. Also drove the Jeep against the executives in an autocross a year ago, they brought a few for us to play with. So that's what got me hooked on it. Now it's practically my daily driver. Love it.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we are entering the speedway.

IMG_4855x.jpg

here we are getting ready to do some drag racing in an SRT8 charger.

IMG_4860x.jpg

here we are exercising the SRT8 crossfires.

IMG_4865x.jpg

getting ready to drive an SRT8 jeep. these vehicles are BAD ASS.

IMG_4869x.jpg

these are the two vipers we got to drive.

IMG_4879x.jpg

IMG_4883x.jpg

here are the SRT8 cars we got to drive on the speedway.

IMG_4891x.jpg

and here we are getting ready to head out. don your helmets boys and pick a car!!

IMG_4892x.jpg

and here we are coming back down pit row.

IMG_4896x.jpg

and here we are getting ready to take the vipers out.

IMG_4904x.jpg

what an awesome day! :drive: :2tu:

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics John. Rick was very jealous! Hopefully he'll be able to join us next time.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
question - hey were videotaping us on this day and were suppose to be sending us the video on CD.

who do we find out from, when this is CD being shipped out?

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang